OUR THREAD WAS LOCKED. GATEWAY HYPE TRAIN ASSEMBLE!!

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone is saying that no Emunand is not a big deal. You can still play games online as long as you have patch.

1) As people have mentioned, installing cia to sysnand is risky.

2) To do anything online, you have to turn on your wifi. Turning on wifi in sysnand is the first step to downloading system firmware update and saying goodbye to your GW.

3) Without Emunand, you cannot play games released in the future that require 9.3+. For example, if Majora's Mask or Pokemon Gen 7 needs FW 9.3, have fun trying to play it.

If this update doesn't have Emunand and Emunand isn't coming in the foreseeable future, I'm gonna sell off my N3DS.

Also 2Hack, does our bet end at the start of monday (ie monday AM) or end of monday?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone is saying that no Emunand is not a big deal. You can still play games online as long as you have patch.
snip

Also 2Hack, does our bet end at the start of monday (ie monday AM) or end of monday?

1) I have been istalling WADs to my Wii for awhile now. I don't really fear it. Just got to get a legit source to feed you them GAEmZ y'know. I'm using legit ripped games to install via .cia so I don't even need to worry lol.

2 I connected WiFi today to ad a friend, and play some MK7 online. It was all good, and no update prompt.

3) Just because emuNAND is not confirmed, doesn't mean it won't come in the future. Also, this issue was addressed a long time ago. fw spoofing will make nintendo think you're on 9.4 or w/e is the latest and greatest fw out there. So you don't need to update anyways.

4) I'll advise you to hold onto your N3DS ;)

End of Monday EST. I've got the same bet with Nollong in the hype thread, except he gets my first born child if he wins :P

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL yes, i'm sure firmware spoofing will allow games using FW features in 9.3+ to run without problems.

i was under the impression it was beginning of monday, but whatever, the way things are going it won't matter

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2 I connected WiFi today to ad a friend, and play some MK7 online. It was all good, and no update prompt.

And how long do you think this "leaving WiFi on, no problems!" thing will last? If it wasn't an issue, do you mind explaining why there are so many threads ppl complaining about updates? Oh I know, they're all just retarded sky3ds users, that must be it

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
LOL yes, i'm sure firmware spoofing will allow games using FW features in 9.3+ to run without problems.

i was under the impression it was beginning of monday, but whatever, the way things are going it won't matter
It will, unless a game uses something that is exclusive to new firmwares. Anyways, emuNAND will happen, maybe it's not available yet, but it will happen.

Idk I was using monday night as long as I can remember. If I worded it wrong, sorry.
And how long do you think this "leaving WiFi on, no problems!" thing will last? If it wasn't an issue, do you mind explaining why there are so many threads ppl complaining about updates? Oh I know, they're all just retarded sky3ds users, that must be it
You just gotta switch it off every time you aren't using it, which saves battery anyways.

Sucks, but until emuNAND is out, that's all we get :/ I admit sky has the advantage there currently. I try to look at both sides.

What I also want to say, is when Sky is blocked, then what? the sky cart has already been confirmed as detectable and noticeably different from the legit game carts it emulates. Only a matter of time before it is blocked/unable to play new games.

This is why I can't buy a sky cart with a clear conscience.

Sky need an update able cart to keep up with gateway. If they get that, I'd look into them more. Otherwise, the DSTwo + is the only legit competition, and it's not even out yet.

Reactions: guitarheroknight
D

Deleted-188346

The ignorance is strong with Tommy today.
How about instead of just insulting him, you actually provide a counterargument?

I dislike Thomas as much as anyone, but he actually has a point. The lack of emuNAND is a pretty big loss. With the Wii, we still had sysNAND backups that were easily applied. AFAIK the 3DS is much harder to restore, even with a sysNAND backup ready to go. It's not even mentioned on the hacking FAQ (as far as I can see). There is also the issue of voiding warranty. Pretty sure Nintendo will be able to see clear evidence of .cia installations if you send it in for repair.

Also, as for enabling/disabling the internet for the 3DS repeatedly, what about the N3DS owners? We have no switch. We will have to go to System settings, connect to router, and enter our password repeatedly. Not only is that inconvenient, but it results in time spent on the homescreen, which is just tempting an update.

Granted, the emuNAND may actually be included upon release, but there is reason to be worried.

In any case, the thing I'm actually annoyed about is the release date pushing.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Found this again!

#2Hack2PacAKAPacManAKACanadianIdolAKATerrence(VinsCool)and2Hack :D :D :D

ss+(2015-01-03+at+08.27.27).jpg

Reactions: Xenophy and 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, tell your parents to stop mating