other region originals with the various modchips..

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by thieves like us, Apr 11, 2007.

1. thieves like us
    OP

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    has anyone thought to test out the compatibility of import originals with the various modchips (wiinja, cyclowiz, wiikey, etc)? if so, have the results been posted anywhere?

2. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't think many people even have import originals to test it with. From what I know, none of the commercial chips advertise that feature. WiiFree, the open source PIC-based chip, has just added support for original imports. It seems to be the first to support this feature. I can tell you that the patching method is different than that of other-region backups so it's not very likely chips like Wiikey, CycloWiz, Wiinja support them.

3. MahouMaster

Member MahouMaster GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    WiiKey seems to support them, if you use the region overide option it'll work, for example, with PBR, on a PAL console when you have that option on and it's a PAL system the game will do the usual update and lead to a black screen thing.

4. thieves like us
    OP

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    I'm not looking for speculation, but rather some cold, hard facts. if you've installed a modchip in your wii and have succesfully loaded an import original, that's what I want to hear about.