Hacking OSKA as good as Gateway?

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Do you guys think we should have high hopes for OSKA ever becoming as good at playing backups as Gateway?

I mean so far the only difference between KARL3DS and OSKA is partial-closed source and open source.

Also, NO ONE has claimed they are gonna release romz loader, and even if someone does, god knows how long it will take for it to be as good as Gateway.

What do you guys think? Anytime now or really far away?

Reactions: Margen67

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think we should have high hopes for OSKA ever becoming as good at playing backups as Gateway?

I mean so far the only different between KARL3DS and OSKA is partial-closed source and open source.

Also, NO ONE has claimed they are gonna release romz loader, and even if someone does, god knows how long it will take for it to be as good as Gateway.

What do you guys think? Anytime now or really far away?

High hopes? Maybe, maybe not.

Eh, there are differences between KARL3DS and OSKA. I mean, KARL3DS has way more progress and already proven that they can make EmuNAND and other things work. OSKA, on the other hand, isn't as far in progress compared to where KARL3DS is right now.

True, no one knows how long it will take for OSKA to have a romz loader to be as good as Gateway's.

Anything can happen. All we can really do is speculate even more and wait even longer for its release.

Reactions: Margen67

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
High hopes? Maybe, maybe not.

Eh, there are differences between KARL3DS and OSKA. I mean, KARL3DS has way more progress and already proven that they can make EmuNAND and other things work. OSKA, on the other hand, isn't as far in progress compared to where KARL3DS is right now.

True, no one knows how long it will take for OSKA to have a romz loader to be as good as Gateway's.

Anything can happen. All we can really do is speculate even more and wait even longer for its release.

Exactly the reason why am not waiting around. Am gonna be ordering my Gateway in the coming week. Can't wait :D

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why don't both teams try collaborating together?

Oh yeah, everyone only caters to their own ego's dick-stroking, I forgot...

Because both groups have their own outlook. One feels the entire thing should be open source, the other believes only parts that don't enable piracy should be open source. As the open source group progresses the closed source group is opening segments of their own project as open source because there's no point in keeping it closed.

It seems a bit silly but if that's what it takes for them to feel "moral" then more power to em.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because both groups have their own outlook. One feels the entire thing should be open source, the other believes only parts that don't enable piracy should be open source. As the open source group progresses the closed source group is opening segments of their own project as open source because there's no point in keeping it closed.

It seems a bit silly but if that's what it takes for them to feel "moral" then more power to em.

You code your own work and pass it around, let KARL do as they please with there code.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly do you mean by romz loader?
how can you have a romz loader with no red card device? you would have to load them from the SD and at that point you might as well just install them as CIA's
the only real advantage to a romz loader to load romz from the SD rather than installing with BBM is that you would save space by not needing double space to install them as CIA
i think what you mean is how long till we can use roms installed as cia with 7.x and above encryption right ,since we can already get working roms on cfw with lower fW /encryption requirements

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a ROM loader. All you need is emuNand and big blue menu to work and you can install your games as CIA. The 3DS will do the rest of the work.

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
what exactly do you mean by romz loader?
how can you have a romz loader with no red card device? you would have to load them from the SD and at that poit you might as well just install them
the only real advantage to roms loader to loa romz from the SD rather than installing with BBM is that you would save space by not needing double space to install
i think what you mean is how long till we can use roms installed as cia with 7.x and above encryption right ,since we can already get working roms on cfw with lower fW /encryption requirements

Well, from what I have learned so far, Gateway is just a DRM cartridge. It's a simple FPGA chip. So technically, it is possible to RE Gateway's code and make the red card redundant.

You don't need a ROM loader. All you need is emuNand and big blue menu to work and you can install your games as CIA. The 3DS will do the rest of the work.

And that is true as well :)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, from what I have learned so far, Gateway is just a DRM cartridge. It's a simple FPGA chip. So technically, it is possible to RE Gateway's code and make the red card redundant.

yeah i am saying we don't really even need a romz loader palantine CFW can already run devmen and install and run CIA's of commercial games
the only thing that is really missing is 7.x encryption some games can be patched to work on lower FW requirements already

we are already at the level of say the ps3 scene when the TB dongle was out
being able to run older games but not the newest ones with newer encryption without a DRM device like TB or GW
and patched roms like patched eboots to get some games working with lower requirements

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the last part. I was just explaining the differences in the 2 teams philosophy and why the 2 teams don't collaborate more, no need to go on the attack again.

How was that an attack, it was a suggestion to just about anybody, including yourself since I did quote you. If it was an attack you would've been seeing pokeballs flying all over the place.

Not to mention OSKA is no where near completion, and not sure even what it can or can't do. Another comparison thread that is just after pure speculation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol