Not open for further replies.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
cruddybuddy said:
Oh no! His supporters already made a tribute video! SAD...

[youtube]CSbht9EXZRw[/youtube]
Are you supporting him?
mad.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I think it would have been better if they had been able to capture him alive, and put him on trial for his crimes. But I imagine he would have gone down fighting and wouldn't allow himself to be captured alive, so I guess him dying was inevitable.

Some people seem to think that this marks the end of terrorism, or somehow lessen its threat. Which is a very naive notion to hold, that kind of fundamentalism is bigger than any man, and it is built on martyrdom. Sure he is not around to mastermind any attacks or lead any terrorist cells, but as a figurehead he is just as potent as a dead martyr than he is alive as a leader.

This is just a symbolic closing of a chapter to a ten year long saga, and something that will comfort the people of the world whose countries were touched by his brand of evil. That is a good thing though, closure is important, as is the perception that justice has finally been done.

But I still cant shake the feeling I get that at the end of the day this is a hollow victory in the grand scheme of things. And not much will really change because of it.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
He's been dead for years now...

He was making videos, we bombed the shit out of areas we thought him to be, no videos for a while then 'new' videos showing him looking younger or obscured, then videos of people speaking for him.
Gasp, someone get this man to a newsroom! This must be known!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
sinharvest24 said:
Things just got interesting...
mellow.gif

Edit: This has a 0.001% chance of actually beng true, right?

It is most likely false. The man who admitted this had been waterboarded at least 183 times at that point. That is no small number for somebody to have been tortured.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one song i want to sing is this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADwRrQxH9io&[/youtube]

GranolaBar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
I think it would have been better if we could have talked to him a bit before he died.
Yeah I think so too. He may have known something that we don't. Now that he's dead, those mysteries are now left to die. Well that's just a possibilty.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GranolaBar said:
Yeah I think so too. He may have known something that we don't. Now that he's dead, those mysteries are now left to die. Well that's just a possibilty.

Let's just turn him into a bioelectronic supercomputer. So we have his memories. Maybe he'll tell us the location of the real moon.

QUOTE(p1ngpong @ May 2 2011, 12:20 AM) I think it would have been better if they had been able to capture him alive, and put him on trial for his crimes. But I imagine he would have gone down fighting and wouldn't allow himself to be captured alive, so I guess him dying was inevitable.

What good would a trial do? It'd be a waste of money, that's all. Whether he dies by electric chair, hanging, lethal injection, bullets, it's all the same end: Death. Fuck the middleman and just kill him where he stands.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
shinkukage09 said:
What good would a trial do? It'd be a waste of money, that's all. Whether he dies by electric chair, hanging, lethal injection, bullets, it's all the same end: Death. Fuck the middleman and just kill him where he stands.

People claim this was justice being served, which it was in a way, he deserved to die sure. But he was living in a mansion situated in a huge compound, living a life of luxury, the attack came and he died quickly. It seems to me that is a fairly easy way to go out.

If he had to stand trial and face his crimes, get convicted and have a long wait for his execution and anticipate his death that would be a more harrowing ordeal for him to face. And more of a punishment than a quick easy death.

That's how I see it anyway.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
People claim this was justice being served, which it was in a way, he deserved to die sure. But he was living in a mansion situated in a huge compound, living a life of luxury, the attack came and he died quickly. It seems to me that is a fairly easy way to go out.

If he had to stand trial and face his crimes, get convicted and have a long wait for his execution and anticipate his death that would be a more harrowing ordeal for him to face. And more of a punishment than a quick easy death.

In a way, I agree...but really, that's just longer for people to have to pay to keep him alive. If you're going to do that, just dig a hole underground, toss him in there, weld a grate over the top, toss food down there every so often. Why be humane to someone who indirectly caused so much human death?

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:

Yeah but then he becomes a liability and there may have had to be a hostage swap.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
shinkukage09 said:
In a way, I agree...but really, that's just longer for people to have to pay to keep him alive. If you're going to do that, just dig a hole underground, toss him in there, weld a grate over the top, toss food down there every so often. Why be humane to someone who indirectly caused so much human death?

Also I should add that him dying in an attack, in battle, makes him a martyr, and strengthens his standing in death to his followers.

Being tried and executed would be more of a humiliation to him and his movement. And dying that way does not make him a martyr. Martyrdom to fundamentalists such as him is the most honourable way to die. They consider it an instant ticket into heaven, denying him that would be more of a punishment than death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*