Osama Bin Laden is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
sinharvest24 said:
This news doesn't excite me 1 bit. How are they so sure they got the correct body, show us the fucking proof.
DNA testing apparently. They were waiting for the results before announcing it. Which is why they are telling us now and not last week when they shot him.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
sinharvest24 said:
This news doesn't excite me 1 bit. How are they so sure they got the correct body, show us the fucking proof.

It doesn't excite me for different reasons, although the whole "we killed him...k?" is a little bit off.

I've been thinking more and more about the possibility for terrorist actions against the US now if this happens to be completely true. With Osama dead, that would merely be maybe the final reason needed to launch a terrorist strike against any part or parts of the US. Osama wasn't a villain in the eyes of his followers. In fact, he was truly a martyr to them.

All America has shown is that we are excellent at holding a grudge for 10 years.

Edit: imma get flamed?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
All America has shown is that we are excellent at holding a grudge for 10 years.

How can they not? A lot of people lost their lives for just going to work. A lot of people lost their lives for just being on an airplane.

At least with the World Wars, that was to fight for peace. But the 9/11 attacks just came out of nowhere. Not to mention all the times after 9/11 Osama said he was going to attack the U.S. again.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
5678889912_c169f3abdd_b.jpg

Usama bin Laden?

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok everybody, this is some great news! Let's not start up and ruin it, k? as for me, I'm getting off. talk to you soon!

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
How can they not? A lot of people lost their lives for just going to work. A lot of people lost their lives for just being on an airplane.

At least with the World Wars, that was to fight for peace. But the 9/11 attacks just came out of nowhere. Not to mention all the times after 9/11 Osama said he was going to attack the U.S. again.

America had their hands in the middle east before during the Gulf War. I just don't understand the mentality. Why we celebrate when we potentially just signed a death sentence for thousands of more lives is kind of beyond me. Osama said he would launch more attacks, but lets face it, after 10 years, he would have done something if he was going to within his lifetime.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
America had their hands in the middle east before during the Gulf War. I just don't understand the mentality. Why we celebrate when we potentially just signed a death sentence for thousands of more lives is kind of beyond me. Osama said he would launch more attacks, but lets face it, after 10 years, he would have done something if he was going to within his lifetime.

Ah so you know how the mind of a terrorist works then huh?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Ah so you know how the mind of a terrorist works then huh?

It's more like how the mind of a human works. Revenge seems to be a top priority for most everybody these days. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO ACHIEVE WORLD PEACE AT THIS RATE?

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you going to remove image posts you should remove them all instead of playing favorites.

Anyway good thing he is dead seeing how some "mod" wont let you express your feelings implying they are useless and others not through his eyes not by the boards rules. No rules were broken "someone" just wants to be a ass.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
It's more like how the mind of a human works. Revenge seems to be a top priority for most everybody these days. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO ACHIEVE WORLD PEACE AT THIS RATE?

Baby steps. Look how long world wars went on for and there were 2 of them. World Peace will never happen, get over it.

QUOTE(Wombo Combo @ May 1 2011, 08:54 PM) If you going to remove image posts you should remove them all instead of playing favorites.

Anyway good thing he is dead seeing how some "mod" wont let you express your feelings implying they are useless and others not through his eyes not by the boards rules. No rules were broken "someone" just wants to be a ass.

You know that's going to win you some points with the mods eh?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nathan Drake said:
Hey man, this is real life. Welcome.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:

Humanity'll die out before peace ever comes CLOSE to becoming a possibility.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Baby steps. Look how long world wars went on for and there were 2 of them. World Peace will never happen, get over it.

It was more sarcasm. Humans are too violent to create a perfectly peaceful, world society. Hell, it's the only thing that fueled a 10 year revenge plot. I'm just not all that happy. If revenge is what those who were deeply involved with 9/11 considered to be satisfactory, so be it. I was only a kid who lost nobody personally important, so I'm having issues looking at the bright side of things.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, etc., etc.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and like i thought so, no one gives a damn about the Patriot Act.

It does not matter that he is dead, as long as the Patriot Act is in effect everyone (in the us) is screwed

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup