original New mario bros game on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ryanhaggan, Dec 5, 2009.

Dec 5, 2009
  1. ryanhaggan
    OP

Newcomer ryanhaggan Member

United States
    Hello, i was wondering, i wanted to purchase an original game, the new super mario bros game.

The wii i wanna play it on has system menu 3.2, i believe, USA version. it has homebrew channel and backup launcher. I have a few discs that I use backup launcher with.

I was wondering, if i bought that new mario bros game, could i avoid a system menu update by launching the game through the backup launcher?

or, if i load through the disc channel, would it even ask to update? and if it does, would it still allow me to use backup launcher? or would it remove my ability to use backup launcher altogether?

TIA everyone.

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    [​IMG]

There are at least 20+ topics asking this same question.

It's doubtful anyone is going to help you.

SEARCH NEXT TIME.

3. ryanhaggan
    OP

United States
    well, i saw a bunch of new super mario topics, and though they are definitely helpful, they don't exactly answer these questions.

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Yeah, yeah...

answers are red.

5. ryanhaggan
    OP

United States

ok, hold up... thank's for the help first off... but how sure are you that, if i update to the latest firmware using the original disc when launching through the original nintendo disc channel that I would still be able to play old burnt discs using the Backup Launcher channel?

I'm not sure, but from previously bricking my wii [I learned], it seems like there is a bug of some sort that is being exploited and,if updated, that bug is removed, hence leading to the backup launcher not being able to launch my game.

the way i see it is that the official update fromt he disc are going to write over all the custom IOS i have on there with originals that have the bug removed.

can anyone elaborate on this??

again, TIA

6. ryanhaggan
    OP

United States
    furthermore, it seems like the new super mario bros need a new ios to work right?

I don't know anymore, so tired of all of this.

7. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Edit: maybe you´ve misread my answer... I didnt mean that you should do the update if it asks for it, I meant that it surely will ask to do the update. If you update your homebrew will be gone.

8. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    we tire of answering the same questions, so maybe just pack your wii up and return it :)