Original Modded NTSC Xbox - does it play PAL games at the correct speed using Enigmah

thegamer1185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find this information anywhere online so I'm asking. I have a modded NTSC original XBox. It has the Xecutor 2 mod chip in it. I use Enigmah to change the video settings for PAL/NTSC. What I am wondering is, when I change my settings over to PAL and play a PAL game, is it actually being played at the appropriate 50hz speed?I can visibly see it's slower, but is it accurate to PAL? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by thegamer1185,

thegamer1185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think so. It won't be too useful unless you have a game or TV that requires 50hz.

I've got 3 TV's that detect the video changes, so that is definitely not an issue. I was doing some speed running and someone said modded consoles don't play accurately. So I've been doing some testing and I can't seem to find any evidence anywhere within my testing/online forums that proves they don't. Nothing. I haven't asked here so I figured somebody would be able to answer it. Hell, one of my tests for Battle Engine Aquila is showing that the game plays at the exact same speed for both PAL/NTSC. I did not expect that result. Literally, I played both versions of the game on PAL video settings, got within .05s on each run. Then played the games on NTSC video settings and got the exact same result. Thought it was really weird so I checked out whatever videos I could online and got the same result.

Other games like Space Gun from the Taito Legends game pack absolutely show a difference in play from PAL to NTSC. So I don't really know what to tell the guy other than I can't find anything suggesting otherwise that it's not accurate.

Last edited by thegamer1185,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sone games tend to run differently on their respective region versions.

Having a modded console to play region free games should have zero effect on how fast the console itself runs games it's original hardware and besides the xbox is essentially pc hardware.

Last edited by izy,

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Correctly optimized games will play at the same effective speed at 50hz or 60hz.

Some games support display modes not officially documented by the developer. Even if it wasn't possible on an unmodded console. You may find NTSC games that work at 50hz, PAL games that work at 480p, and so forth.

Reactions: thegamer1185

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu