Original Xbox bios speed

thegamer1185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I am trying to determine if my modded original Xbox plays at the appropriate speed when using the Enigma Videomode Switchdisc software. It is an NTSC Xbox, plays all NTSC games as it should. However, I do play some games released in PAL regions. I use the Enigma Videomode Switchdisc software to play those games. My TV detects the video change, I notice the lower frame rates when I play, but does my NTSC BIOS actually adjust properly and play the games at 50Hz? Any and all information would be great. I have a V1.0 Xbox, when I use the BIOSCHECK software it tells me that the Chip Type is : TSOP Reflashed (ST - M29F080A). Thanks for any help or info.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Off the top of my head, maybe Sonic Mega Collection Plus, the music on Sonic 1 was never PAL optimised so the music sounds slower in 50Hz. You can use a PC emulator to verify this.

Although I’ve only ever tested this on the Gamecube version which allows you to select 50/60Hz on boot.

Although I do have to ask why you would want to play at 50Hz?

Also, be aware that switching to PAL may disable some component output options….at least IIRC that was the reason why I had to region change my softmodded PAL unit (720p?).

thegamer1185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I record a bunch of records, and I was wondering if my Xbox was running accurately to also play games on the PAL video settings as well, and I'm also simply curious. I've never had any video issues regardless of what video settings I'm on. I was curious if the BIOS speed was also adjusted along with the video settings, or if the video settings on PAL made it "appear" that the BIOS was playing the game accurately at 50Hz. I'm viewing it as either everything is running as it should when the settings are changed, or the Enigma program is somehow dropping rates that our eyes don't notice to make it appear as if you are actually running at 50Hz. Confusing and a stupid reason to want to know, but now I'm simply more curious than anything

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I record a bunch of records, and I was wondering if my Xbox was running accurately to also play games on the PAL video settings as well, and I'm also simply curious. I've never had any video issues regardless of what video settings I'm on. I was curious if the BIOS speed was also adjusted along with the video settings, or if the video settings on PAL made it "appear" that the BIOS was playing the game accurately at 50Hz. I'm viewing it as either everything is running as it should when the settings are changed, or the Enigma program is somehow dropping rates that our eyes don't notice to make it appear as if you are actually running at 50Hz. Confusing and a stupid reason to want to know, but now I'm simply more curious than anything

One thing to note is that ‘PAL 60’ does exist:
2E6Y39N.jpg

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1596-pal-games-black-screen/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.