Hardware Original GBA replacement parts.

Dhaos033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had a what seemed to be broken gba since its release in the US, and finally got around to opening it and seeing what is wrong. The rubber pads under the buttons are worn out, and otherwise it is in perfectly good condition. Does anyone know where to find these rubber pads? I have looked almost everywhere, and all I could find were SP replacements, which look completely different...

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you're out of luck. you have to hit up ebay for parts, and I never see parts for an original gba
frown.gif
sorry. it does seem like a waste of a perfectly good gba.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Found a few sites carrying replacement screens, screws etc but none of them have any buttons. You don't even get the rubber part with the replacement cases.

Looking on E-bay, the seller advertising SP-rubber parts states that he's a repair guy who salvaged them from other dead units, maybe it's worth either contacting him to see if he's got some old GBA's laying around, or e-mailing a few console-repair sites to see if there's any they're willing to part with. Might find it's something they've got that they don't think people will want and don't think to advertise.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original question I can not help with per se but I pulled apart a keyboard once having recently pulled apart an original GBA and the buttons were somewhat similar ( nothing a craft knife could not handle).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1