The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried running their original cart and back up online at the same time? I recently got my sxpro in and debated about hoping in splatoon.

My son plays it a lot and I wouldn't want to get the cart banned so I haven't even tried running the game at all.

I'll probably end up just buying a 2nd copy to prevent the issue at all, but I was curious to know if others have tried running the original and the back up online at the same time.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could certainly find out and ban you if they wanted to, since it would be a cartridge certificate shown connecting twice from different consoles within a very short period of time. But, I feel like they'd be unlikely to be looking that closely at their logs.

Reactions: Deleted User

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They’d more likely ban you for using SX than seeing two identical cart certs online via two consoles at the same time. Both compounded are risky however, so, if it’s not one thing that gets you banned, it may be the other. I would say keep one console legit and use the other for backups offline.

Last edited by datahoarder,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I'd honestly let your son use the real cart and cert, and you just use the backup. I mean it's risky playing online to begin with, but if a duplicate certificate is on both, you might risk banning the cartridge, and both switches vs. just yours if you are using a zeroed out certificate.

I have multiple copies for multiplayer games but I'm likely still screwed because who knows what they can trace on the system level the second you connect to their servers for anything.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2dc5zm.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o