Organize?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Hatashi, Feb 11, 2011.

Feb 11, 2011

Organize? by Hatashi at 9:13 PM (847 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Hatashi
    OP

Member Hatashi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I really dislike messy stuff, be it a folder with in them music/images/text files and whatnot scrambled across together, or a table with unnecessary crap on it.
    Anyhow, I was just wondering if there is any way to better organize my AceKard 2i's 'Games' folder..

I mean, look at this image below, its how my folder looks like.
    [​IMG]

So I was wondering, would it be possible that the saves would go into another folder or do they have to stay in the same one as the games?

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    First step is to delete old SAV files, or store them on your PC or USB.

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    The only real option is to give the save files hidden...the only flashcarts that I know of that have saves in a different folder would be the EZFlash, CycloDS (it's available anyways), and iSmart Premium...

4. Freek

Newcomer Freek Member

United States

just to let you know...you arent alone in your hatred for cluttery messes...i too saw that and attempted to rectify the issues with a new save folder but sadly it didnt work

would be nice to see a function to just be able to point to a save folder instead of saving the .sav in the same folder as the games

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I use folders to keep my games in, alphabetically. This helps when I'm looking for a certain save file on the PC, too.

As for saving in a different folder, make a suggestion for it on the AKAIO forums and it may get added depending on how the developers feel towards it. I think a subfolder in the ROM's folder is too much, perhaps a static folder in the root (or _aio) would be better, but then again I'm not one of the devs.

6. Freek

Newcomer Freek Member

United States

i agree with the bolded part...i also think there should be a dedicated save folder on the root as clogging up the any other folders would be unnecessary

7. Hatashi
    OP

Member Hatashi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Thats sounds great Rydian, I'll try to notify them about it.