Hacking Organization

Kurazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am a bit of a organization freak. I am also planning on getting an 8gb memory card so I can cram as much onto the m3 real as possible. Obviously this can bring up a few conflicting issues.

I realize that DS roms need to be placed in the .nds file, or else they won't run, but are the rules as strict for everything else? Can music and movies be placed anywhere? How about homebrew? I can see myself getting a lot of homebrew stuff and would be very annoying if i couldn't organize it.
hate2.gif

If any of you have any organizational tips/trick or things that you do, feel free to share.

I guess a good question would be, what is the best organizational of the three softwares on the triple loader?

And one last thing, anyone have a good movie converter so i can get my movies in he right format?

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can put your games anywhere on your card that you like. Personally I have mine in three different folders: NDS, NDS Multiplayer, and NDS New. I only have NDS in the titles because I also have Homebrew and GBA games so it helps to keep them organized. Always adding new games n such so I stick them in New until I decide I want to keep it then file it away in one of the other two. When using the firmware it's pretty much just a file browser, so you can open any program anywhere on your card, you just have to browse to the folder you want. Though I have the triple loader, I haven't used Itouch so I don't know anything about it.

I use Super C for videos, I would suggest reading through the whole beginners guides stickies for the M3 and the M3 Sakura. They have links to Super C and some others as well.

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=91]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=91[/url]

At the top.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, there are 3 things you need to have when getting a M3 Real:
1) A good SD card formatter (so things don't get corrupted as easily)
2) SUPER (the BEST video converter out there for many, many video formats)
3) iSakuReal triple loader for the M3.

Just get iSakuReal onto your SD card and then organize your ROMs in any way you feel like. Use Sakura for playing ROMs and media, and then for homebrew use M3 Real firmware or iTouchDS. With using Sakura, you can just place your files anywhere. Making a folder (NDS or whatever) for DS ROMs, Video for videos, Music for music, and for is all acceptable. A good idea, however, would be to hide the SYSTEM folder so it doesn't show in the Sakura menus. It just makes things look more organized. To do this, on your computer right-click the SYSTEM folder on your SD card and click Properties. From there, check off Hidden from the Attributes section. Voila, it should be hidden in the Sakura menus!

Kurazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the great suggestions guys. I have already ordered my 8gb card. I look forward to when it arrives.

I just have one more question. I heard that some homebrew games need to be placed in the root of the memory card in order for them to work. Is this true? Is so, is there a list somewhere that shows which ones need to placed in the root? Or do i have to check with each one?

Again, thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: we need more smart cats tho for reals