Hacking Ordering one tomorrow, need to know which MicroSD to get...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard so many conflicting opinions on what would be the best card for me to use.
I'm mostly worried about running FF4 and Castlevania PoR. I know PoR is a gamble no matter which card I use, but are there any foreseeable problems with running FF4?

I also NEED to run Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (My primary reason for getting it), and just to make sure, the CDSE DOES support DBBDX's 8 MB save, right?

Anyway, I need to know which MicroSD to get... I hear Japanese ones are better, but I don't know how to tell them apart from the Taiwan/US ones...

I'm mostly looking in the 2GB/4GB range, SD or SDHC, but I also want to keep the total price of the MicroSD+shipping below $30. What should I get, that will ensure that I can at least run DBBDX and FF4 with 0 problems, and where from?

Timaxou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
Concerning PoR, it would run slowly on most of the noname cards, or bad quality ones.
I suggest, and everyone probably will, you get a Japanese Kingston SD, a 2GB one.
2gb because it uses less batteries than SDHC ones, and you can get 2x 2gb instead of 1x4GB to save your battery life, imo.
Concerning their recognition, you have to look at the micro SD card, in the bottom should be written the followings :
"SD-C02G JAPAN
SDC/2GB XX"
This will ensure you they are japanese ones. Look for SD-C02G serial ones.
I'm not sure about FF4, but I bet it will run proper on these. And concerning Daigasso!, I can't help, I don't own this game, sorry.
To sum up, get a Japan Kingston, 2GB or 4GB, as you wish. You can take a look at websites like deal-extreme, realhotstuff.com, etc.
Hope this helps~~

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Timaxou said:
Hi,
Concerning PoR, it would run slowly on most of the noname cards, or bad quality ones.
I suggest, and everyone probably will, you get a Japanese Kingston SD, a 2GB one.
2gb because it uses less batteries than SDHC ones, and you can get 2x 2gb instead of 1x4GB to save your battery life, imo.
Concerning their recognition, you have to look at the micro SD card, in the bottom should be written the followings :
"SD-C02G JAPAN
SDC/2GB XX"
I'm not sure about FF4, but I bet it will run proper on these. And concerning Daigasso!, I can't help, I don't own this game, sorry.
To sum up, get a Japan Kingston, 2GB or 4GB, as you wish. You can take a look at websites like deal-extreme, realhotstuff.com, etc.
Hope this helps~~

Does that mean that realhotstuff's standard pack-in Kingston 2GBs are Japanese?
I was gonna order the CycloDS Evolution from them in the first place.

SkyTsuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a japanese Kingston 8gb MicroSDHC a week ago from Newegg and it runs PoR, FF4 and The World Ends With You flawlessly. You probably wont need a 8gb, but Kingston products (1,2,4,8gb) are the way to go and besides they have a lifetime warranty if your card decides to stop working they will send you another for free.

Timaxou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rubedo said:
Timaxou said:
Hi,
"SD-C02G JAPAN
SDC/2GB XX"
Hope this helps~~

Does that mean that realhotstuff's standard pack-in Kingston 2GBs are Japanese?
I was gonna order the CycloDS Evolution from them in the first place.

Sorry, I did not mean that.
I'm not sure whether their standard is japanese. But be careful once you order. Websites usually mention everywhere "Kingston MADE IN JAPAN" to make sure linker buyers will buy these ones. You never know if it'll be a genuine or even a japanese one. However, I suggest you contact a few real shops near you, I was succesful doing that and found a genuine japanese one.
I meant that RHS would be good for buying the cyclo, it'll be genuine, no doubts.
Good luck~~

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the 4GB Class 6 Transcend card and it works great. You can get it for less than $20 shipped at NewEgg.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Timaxou said:
Sorry, I did not mean that.
I'm not sure whether their standard is japanese. But be careful once you order. Websites usually mention everywhere "Kingston MADE IN JAPAN" to make sure linker buyers will buy these ones. You never know if it'll be a genuine or even a japanese one. However, I suggest you contact a few real shops near you, I was succesful doing that and found a genuine japanese one.
I meant that RHS would be good for buying the cyclo, it'll be genuine, no doubts.
Good luck~~
They'll give you a Kingston and I tested mine when I got it. It's made in Japan and it works like one.

As posted above, try Transcend 4GB class 6, 4GB Patriot Class 6, or even a 1/2GB Kingston from Japan. A-Data has also been mentioned a lot but there have also been problems with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: