MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buckweed187 said:
Playing O.o.E. on my R4 (black) using 1.18v with a 2GB micro SD (Kingston)

Clocked about 3hours so far around 20%

Started to freeze more and more on switching to menu screen and picking items.

Seeing as it seems to be the same engine as P.o.R. i'm guna try a ARM7 Patch

Using DSlazy,this does mean my save won't work so i need to restart it

Thats fine with me as i love it.

will report back on ARM7 fix later.

we have the same flashcart but i don't have any freezes or whatosever.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Searinox said:
The skull with three meat worms coming out its holes.... lol that sounds dirty.
biggrin.gif

Why can't you just run back and forward underneath it spamming the balls of light glyph from the lighthouse? Easiest boss fight ever.

timm123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about 50% of the way through, got to mystery manor.

Game freezes whenever I go to a room with an enemy called "Evil Force" in it, looks like a big, ghostly head.

The game also freezes whenever I get caught by a spotlight in the prison, but I was able to avoid that.

Is there a way to fix this? I can't progress any farther and I absolutely love this game; even better than PoR.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No but formatting will likely mean the rom now occupies different space (sectors) on the sd card. If you did a proper zero write (tedious) format it would be even better (it flags bad sectors to prevent their use).

OoE seems very intolerant of bad sectors. All dumps (incl japanese rom) would freeze for me after the intro. I deleted the roms but didn't format. After adding new roms to the card (spyro, spiderman etc), I later re-tried OoE and it works flawlessly now. So all I've done is put the rom in a different area on the sd card.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Porkdish said:
Searinox said:
The skull with three meat worms coming out its holes.... lol that sounds dirty.
biggrin.gif

Why can't you just run back and forward underneath it spamming the balls of light glyph from the lighthouse? Easiest boss fight ever.
Even faster, use the Glyph Union of Luminatio and Umbra and then spam(while running and dodging of course) both glyphs until it dies.

The next boss is uber easy too, Vol Fulgur does wonders in that battle.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Porkdish said:
No but formatting will likely mean the rom now occupies different space (sectors) on the sd card. If you did a proper zero write (tedious) format it would be even better (it flags bad sectors to prevent their use).

OoE seems very intolerant of bad sectors. All dumps (incl japanese rom) would freeze for me after the intro. I deleted the roms but didn't format. After adding new roms to the card (spyro, spiderman etc), I later re-tried OoE and it works flawlessly now. So all I've done is put the rom in a different area on the sd card.
i deleted all games but ones released after OoE but still wont work.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You know those two areas out in the open where clouds are rushing by in the sky in a FMV manner? It lags considerably, I'd say brings the game down to 50% speed, does anyone else have this issue?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
timm123 said:
I'm about 50% of the way through, got to mystery manor.

Game freezes whenever I go to a room with an enemy called "Evil Force" in it, looks like a big, ghostly head.

The game also freezes whenever I get caught by a spotlight in the prison, but I was able to avoid that.

Is there a way to fix this? I can't progress any farther and I absolutely love this game; even better than PoR.
That's really odd. Getting caught in a spotlight on prison island also causes an "Evil Force" to appear. Never heard of a game freezing because of the same enemy in two different places.

Must be trying to access a part of the memory that it can't read. Try going with the above advice of: backing up your save, format, and re-load everything.

Which flashcart, btw?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sa1amandra said:

Huh?

I suggested full formatting... with a PC, you need to check for and flag bad sectors. You need to be sure the game occupies a healthy area of available space.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
You know those two areas out in the open where clouds are rushing by in the sky in a FMV manner? It lags considerably, I'd say brings the game down to 50% speed, does anyone else have this issue?

yeah, i got some considerable slowdown there too, but i didnt get any freezes, and that is only like 4 screens, so i didnt worry about it.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Porkdish said:
sa1amandra said:

Huh?

I suggested full formatting... with a PC, you need to check for and flag bad sectors. You need to be sure the game occupies a healthy area of available space.
Do you suggest using the Panasonic Formater?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
themuddaload said:
Searinox said:

yeah, i got some considerable slowdown there too, but i didnt get any freezes, and that is only like 4 screens, so i didnt worry about it.
Didn't get freezes either. PoR remains the one and only game that ever freezes for me. I guessed it was only 4 screens since I'm at 94% and I haven't seen another area that looks like them.

anonymouse13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm freezing after the intro movie as well. However, only the bottom screen is black. The top screen has a castle and a single bat that flies from right to left. Whatever note was playing when I skip the intro continues playing, and it doesn't work if I don't skip the intro either. I see the WiFi meter at the top right. I tried formatting my memory card to FAT and FAT32, and tried untrimmed, trimmed, and arm7 fix, but none of those worked. Any ideas? I have a DS-Xtreme and R4 with Japanese memory stick.

knighTeen87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sa1amandra said:
I played through the first stage fine, but turned it off, 5 minutes later i turn it on and load OoE. The engery light blinks during the opening, if you watch the opening or skip, either way the energy light stops flashing the game freezes during the load to the menu. Any fixes?
i totally have same problem. any fixes yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.