Hacking Order of Ecclesia freezing problem...

Ech0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing OoE for a few days now and I'm to the point where you fight Death in Dracula's Castle. Problem is, after he flies off the screen from the background and onto the main screen, the game freezes. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it? I used the search function and didn't really come up with anything, so I dunno if it's just my card or what.

My setup:

CycloDS firmware v1.56 beta 3
Transcend 8GB Class 6 MicroSDHC card
Clean Order of Ecclesia ROM

Thanks in advance for any insight on this issue. Also, I didn't really know whether to post this here or in the game discussion board, but it seemed more appropriate to post here. Let me know if this is the wrong section.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you using cheats? If so try without em to see if you can get past that point...

If you've got the time/inclination I would do the usual backup, wipe the SD and copy only the sav and ecclesia rom on there, then work your way back to the Death boss fight from the last save point and see if it happens again.

Having nothing but the ecclesia rom on there will speed up random access times on the card, if this is the issue. Having it on the card after a fresh wipe of data will rule out bad sectors (chances of rom written to same bad sector and having the exact same error are capitol L low).

If the same error definitely happens at the same time after a fresh wipe then its likely a bad dump. To rule that out you could try an older firmware I guess, to see if the same dump works on that or better yet any other sd card you have around.

For the record I tend to avoid Transcend but I've heard others love them, and my bad experiences where with those in the 4 gig size ~

Most castlevania errors are caused by cheats or reading bad data either due to a dodgy rom/sd sector/slow random access (in particular areas with animated backgrounds).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...