PS1/2 Opl 0.9 network issue with pc?

• Thread starter SixSenseEagle
  • Start date
  • Views 7,449
  • Replies 10
S

SixSenseEagle

I'm trying to play ps2 games over network.
I'm using win 7 starter.

I did everything right so far I think lol I put my pc static ip address same as my pc address on ps2. I shared my main drive, and named it PS2SMB. I connect my crossover cable from my laptop pc to my ps2, and still no luck am I doing something wrong?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and all I can say about setting up SMB shares on Windows 7 is good luck... I tried for months to get it working tried every tutorial on the internet and every tool I could get my hands on... I was never able to pull it off :(

I can get any other protocall working flawlessly in minutes, I am network certified so I understand TCP/IP and until Windows 7 I thought SMB was even easy to use (I used it under XP all the time.)

From what I understand some people have successfully set up SMB under Windows 7 but when I try it, it never works.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using it at this very moment, haha.

Does your PC use a password? Try using one and entering it in OPL along with your user account name. I couldn't get it to work until I did.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here, try comparing it to my settings. I'm using Windows 7 Professional but it should still be the same...

D5GtulVl.png

Make sure everything is checked in advanced sharing/permissions. I have a secure network so I don't really worry about the "everyone" permission. Makes it easy.

8inl9p1l.png

Also the share button, make sure your user account is set to read/write (I doubt it isn't already on that, but whatever.)

k109xUal.png

Make a password for your PC! I don't usually do this, but it wouldn't work until I did, so I just live with it.

KTT5px6l.png

Make sure you have the right IP address to put in the PS2. I'm using OPL with wireless. I'm surprised it works so well! (PS2 to router, laptop to router wireless) Since you're using cross cable I am not sure how much this differs from your setup.

qBNnApjl.jpg

My PS2 settings. Account name on the PC is Alex, password is "x".

Tsjrb1gl.jpg

It works!

S

SixSenseEagle

Here, try comparing it to my settings. I'm using Windows 7 Professional but it should still be the same...

D5GtulVl.png

Make sure everything is checked in advanced sharing/permissions. I have a secure network so I don't really worry about the "everyone" permission. Makes it easy.

8inl9p1l.png

Also the share button, make sure your user account is set to read/write (I doubt it isn't already on that, but whatever.)

k109xUal.png

Make a password for your PC! I don't usually do this, but it wouldn't work until I did, so I just live with it.

KTT5px6l.png

Make sure you have the right IP address to put in the PS2. I'm using OPL with wireless. I'm surprised it works so well! (PS2 to router, laptop to router wireless) Since you're using cross cable I am not sure how much this differs from your setup.

qBNnApjl.jpg

My PS2 settings. Account name on the PC is Alex, password is "x".

Tsjrb1gl.jpg

It works!
THIS SOLUTION WORKS THANKS!!!!, BUT THERE'S A PROBLEM HOW DO YOU GET PS1 GAMES TO WORK???

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool skin. How did you go about setting OPL for that?
Dropped the theme files into the "THM" folder. PS2SMB/THM

I don't remember exactly where I found the theme at, so I'll just upload my files. It's unmodified from when I downloaded it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cwok9uq6md2siqz

For cover art, just put covers (.png format) that are 140x200 px in PS2SMB/ART, and name them the same as the game ID with _COV at the end
So for example, my god of war 1 cover art is called "SCUS_973.99_COV.png" note the underscores after the region and before the "cov" parts.
I use gamefaqs for most covers or IDs.

Then the rest is just setting it to be used in display settings in OPL.

I hope that isn't too confusing. ^^; If you have any other questions just ask!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1