Opl 0.9 network issue with pc?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by SixSenseEagle, Mar 3, 2013.

Mar 3, 2013
  1. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

I'm trying to play ps2 games over network.
    I'm using win 7 starter.

I did everything right so far I think lol I put my pc static ip address same as my pc address on ps2. I shared my main drive, and named it PS2SMB. I connect my crossover cable from my laptop pc to my ps2, and still no luck am I doing something wrong?

2. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and all I can say about setting up SMB shares on Windows 7 is good luck... I tried for months to get it working tried every tutorial on the internet and every tool I could get my hands on... I was never able to pull it off :(

I can get any other protocall working flawlessly in minutes, I am network certified so I understand TCP/IP and until Windows 7 I thought SMB was even easy to use (I used it under XP all the time.)

From what I understand some people have successfully set up SMB under Windows 7 but when I try it, it never works.

3. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'm using it at this very moment, haha.

Does your PC use a password? Try using one and entering it in OPL along with your user account name. I couldn't get it to work until I did.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Remember to enable Ethernet in OPL - sometimes people set everything on but just forget to enable Network Discovery. :P

5. pokefloote

United States
    Here, try comparing it to my settings. I'm using Windows 7 Professional but it should still be the same...

[​IMG]
    Make sure everything is checked in advanced sharing/permissions. I have a secure network so I don't really worry about the "everyone" permission. Makes it easy.

[​IMG]
    Also the share button, make sure your user account is set to read/write (I doubt it isn't already on that, but whatever.)

[​IMG]
    Make a password for your PC! I don't usually do this, but it wouldn't work until I did, so I just live with it.

[​IMG]
    Make sure you have the right IP address to put in the PS2. I'm using OPL with wireless. I'm surprised it works so well! (PS2 to router, laptop to router wireless) Since you're using cross cable I am not sure how much this differs from your setup.

[​IMG]
    My PS2 settings. Account name on the PC is Alex, password is "x".

[​IMG]
    It works!

6. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

THIS SOLUTION WORKS THANKS!!!!, BUT THERE'S A PROBLEM HOW DO YOU GET PS1 GAMES TO WORK???

7. pokefloote

United States
    That's different, you have to tape the sensors inside the PS2 and swap the discs out when a real PS1 game is loading... As far as I know there is no USB/Ethernet way to play PS1 games.

SixSenseEagle likes this.
  8. epistaxis

Newcomer epistaxis Advanced Member

United States
    Cool skin. How did you go about setting OPL for that?

9. pokefloote

United States
    Dropped the theme files into the "THM" folder. PS2SMB/THM

I don't remember exactly where I found the theme at, so I'll just upload my files. It's unmodified from when I downloaded it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cwok9uq6md2siqz

For cover art, just put covers (.png format) that are 140x200 px in PS2SMB/ART, and name them the same as the game ID with _COV at the end
    So for example, my god of war 1 cover art is called "SCUS_973.99_COV.png" note the underscores after the region and before the "cov" parts.
    I use gamefaqs for most covers or IDs.

Then the rest is just setting it to be used in display settings in OPL.

I hope that isn't too confusing. ^^; If you have any other questions just ask!

10. epistaxis

Newcomer epistaxis Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks sir ^_^

11. Dende2k2

Newcomer Dende2k2 Newbie

United States
    ugh im having the same prob with this i did everything u guys did but im still having issues....... wont show up in opl and im on win 7 also