• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Opinions re: ANTIFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't peaceful protesting, isn't anti-nazi, isn't civil, isn't right. And this is just the most recent video I've seen like this and probably you too.

Why does anyone defend these people??? They should be treated as rioters / domestic terrorists.

Antifa are losers who like to try to take peoples rights away... the commie pricks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems you mean the modern incarnation and for the sake of the pedants* the general west coast US and New York approaches.

*there are those that will tell you it is a thing you do rather than a thing you belong to. At a very technical level this could be true, and amusingly on a practical one this could be as well (you frequently see amusing comments where they only learn of things because they follow people they don't like -- while I am no fan of taking orders I still see the value of a command structure).

For the most part people with an imaginary enemy and the inability, and perhaps unwillingness, to control the violent shithead element of their crowd. I did wonder if it was tightly edited stuff I saw so I watched hours of raw footage instead, still left with the same opinion.

I have seen their "manual" and philosophy, even seen those that think it good try to explain it. There are some good ideas, even beyond "blind pig/broken clock" but there are any number of aspects which depart from things I would consider baseline civility and as such those good things are negated and then some. The authoritarian and anti speech/discussion bent really serving to annoy.

As such very much a net negative in the world.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems you mean the modern incarnation and for the sake of the pedants* the general west coast US and New York approaches.

Yes, I intended the current-day "movement." I'm aware it goes back to the 30's, when "the Nazis" was actually a thing that resulted in mass genocide, not feelings hurt on Twitter.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is just as pointless as asking what people's opinions are on ISIS or neo-nazis. I'd hope you're not going to see a lot of support for extremism regardless of the political/religious ideology behind it.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
People (destructively) grasping at something to *belong* to in societies that are becoming increasingly cold and isolated.

Accelerationism in action.

It's pretty neat, can't wait for someone to bring a gun.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone likes them.

My only question about the video is, where the hell are the police?! Why are domestic terrorist directing traffic and blocking roads in your city?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People worried about antifa are the same people who are fine with the government permanently orphaning hundreds of migrant children. Antifa is such a nothing, there are so many headlines with alt-right violence, and barely ANY from the antifa side, it's an absolute joke. I'm far more worried about your average gun-toting woman-hating Trump supporter going nuts, happens twenty times more often than ANYTHING from the left.

Last edited by yuyuyup,

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
People worried about antifa are the same people who are fine with the government permanently orphaning hundreds of migrant children. Antifa is such a nothing, there are so many headlines with alt-right violence, and barely ANY from the antifa side, it's an absolute joke. I'm far more worried about your average gun-toting woman-hating Trump supporter going nuts, happens twenty times more often than ANYTHING from the left.

EDIT: that video is fake as hell, I'll bet money on it. FAKE

This is what I like to see - people painting the opposition as cartoon villains. We definitely need more of it.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This isn't peaceful protesting, isn't anti-nazi, isn't civil, isn't right. And this is just the most recent video I've seen like this and probably you too.

Why does anyone defend these people??? They should be treated as rioters / domestic terrorists.

Antifa??? Let`s see...

Am I allowed to say we need a "final solution" for these idiots? I have plenty of propane.

Same for them momentum idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over