Operation Bluebird needs your help (Zero Escape 3)

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
19fz76i8tvfxbjpg.jpg
The creator of the Zero Escape series Kotaro Uchikoshi has recently announced that there probably won't be a third game to the series, as it didn't sell well enough in Japan and as such he can't get the third game greenlit.

In a series of tweets he mentioned the sad news and now fans of the series have reacted with Operation Bluebird.
The page aims to get the game funded, either by crowd sourcing or kickstarter and could possibly be the only way that gamers get to finish the story started with the DS only title; Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Show your support for Zero Escape 3 by visiting and liking the Operation Bluebird Facebook page here

:arrow:Operation Bluebird

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I like the idea, but I don't really know that it's going to do much good. As stated above, it's not the English-speaking communities that are going to sway Chunsoft any.

Even if it were, has this ever truly worked? I'm pretty sure even when the 'big 3' Wii JRPGs got localized, everyone involved denied that Operation Rainfall really had anything to do with it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
facebook "likes" arnt going to do anything for the actual cause

8az5.jpg

2ah6.jpg

maybe if people go out and actually buy the games rather then downloading roms
but to be fair VN's are a bit of niche genre, japan particularly is flooded with them, so trying to stand out from the crowd is a bit hard
even phoenix wright games face the same troubles lately

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland

but to be fair VN's are a bit of niche genre, japan particularly is flooded with them, so trying to stand out from the crowd is a bit hard

If you talk about charity via facebook likes then no - they aren't going to work. For gaming howerer it usually shows that there's at least some interest for title. Project Diva F got ported because Sega asked if there was interest for it and there was tons of likes and shares. Of course it should account where Miku is super popular in itself I'm pretty sure far less people have heard of Zero Escape series.

I was almost about to say that there's no way to pirate 3DS games :P
VLR has been on numerous sales on eShop and I think on EU it's right now.

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Facebook... Oh well. Liked anyway, 999 was almost as good as Ever17. Hopefully this one will be a 3DS title.
Also thanks to fakenamegenerator.com and whatever was the third or so Google result of "disposable email" search query.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda doubt that this would do anything. They're not making the game because of a lack of Japanese sales. They already know that this game has a sizable English following.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

8az5.jpg

2ah6.jpg

At first, I thought that it would be great if that was actually how "likes" worked. But then I thought about it, and Justin Bieber would be a god by now... so no thanks. Sorry, thirsty people.

I liked the page. But that doesn't really mean squat. I also liked the Megaman Legends 3 and Funimation Shin-chan pages, but here we are with no ML3 or more Shin-Chan. The only way this will actually work is if the creator gets a kickstarter or something similar, then I can actually donate to the cause.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's anything, even Uchikoshi himself acknowledges and is supporting this campaign through his English twitter and facebook page. But yeah, they really should advertise this on Japanese sites for more support because Spike Chunsoft only cares about Japan.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The facebook likes page are just to gauge interest, If it gets 1 milliion likes then thats potentially a million sales. Something like that anyway.
It's just an easy way to gauge interest instead of having tons of separate petitions that no one really takes seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up