Hacking Opera Browser

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get it to work, all it says is "Use the memory expansion". I have EZ Flash V plugged in and it won't work!! How do I set it up?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you using AKAIO or the official menu? Is the EZFlash V the same thing as the EZFlash 3-in-1 and if so are you using the + version (EZFlash 3-in-1+)? If so, you will want to use AKAIO (EZFlash 3-in-1+ isn't supported by the official menu as far as I know, but should work with AKAIO 1.4).

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
as bri stated you are probably useing the 3-in-1+, which is the newer card that has the blue pcb. the ram detection routine is in akaio as of v1.4. you just update your firmware inorder to use the opera browser and your 3-in-1+ as a ram expansion. if you are unsure what version of the 3-in-1 you have run gba exploader. it will detect the version and tell you at the top of the screen.

if you don't have the plus then you have a whole other set of problems, some of which can be solved.

-another world

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for helping, but I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to do. Sorry I'm such a noob
frown.gif

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
this is from the included .nfo
QUOTE said:
Place the EU browser (untrimmed/clean) in the dir with the files in this zip
Name it "browser.nds"
Run the batch file

The output file should work with most slot 1 cards and the EZ Flash 3in1,
though it has only been tested as working with R4, MK5 and DSLink at the time of writing.

Unlike some behind the scene cigarettes who replace PNG's for a splash (c'mon, we know you can do better!),
the patch source is included as well, hex editor required for manual patching.

Thanks EZ Team, Cracker, BigBoss and TriForce

Big thanks to the bspatch/bsdiff util creators as well.

-updated with a fix for DSLinker/NCard/MK5
-updated with an attempt to fix ez3in1plus

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No dude, I'm not that stupid. I mean WHAT zip. I just downloaded the browser. Sheesh.. (well I guess I have asked some stupid questions)

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD, I have the exp pack, and I want to know how to patch it. When he says zip, i want to know WHAT zip. just give me the file i need to patch the file.

sorry for epelling and grammer, was in a hurry.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cory1492 said:
The new EZ5 open beta kernel was released with a slight change, setRomPage is now to 0x100 instead of 0x300 and apparently it is now working on 3in1plus...

If someone feels like giving it a try with a standalone patch and a new 3in1+
http://nds.cmamod.com/ez5/CZ-O31Pp-test2.zip
it'd be appreciated. If it works, see if it crashes out in use as apparently EZ5 and 3in1+ are doing so though that may come down to beta ROM patches and such. It seems to be working flawlessly still on my own (old, first model) 3in1 using R4 1.18 and this version of the patch (so it should be safe to merge that minor change to the page for ak.)

There should be a blue link there, click it. It has the zip.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
VatoLoco, using AKAIO 1.4 (or newer), do you still have to patch the browser?

Ive got 1.4 and a 3in1+...after its patched once its done, so i dunno if it still will need to be patched in newer releases.

The patch works to get opera running, but gelu pointed out that if i close my DS lid, it shuts off instead of 'sleeping'...still, thats better than it not working at all.

@ Kiriashi, wow..... you really need to do some actual reading, everything youre asking for is in this very thread (twice even) with links and everything for your convenience.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Will the cheat on DS Browser work for clean rom? My expansion pack will arrive tomorrow so I dont know now.

It has a cheat in R4 with YS Menu but I dont know if there's on in AKAIO. Do we need to patch it for it to work or the built in cheat will do it?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
The patch works to get opera running, but gelu pointed out that if i close my DS lid, it shuts off instead of 'sleeping'...still, thats better than it not working at all.
Has gelu fixed this? I still see SetRomPage(0x300) in the AK3in1 menu current sources, and AIO has never resumed from lid close on opera for me... so probably not. I'm not so sure the retail card with the retail expansion would be able to sleep properly anyway because of the wifi (kudos to the engineers if it does indeed.) Basically how the lid switch is handled in commercial code is beyond me, but dredging through essentially homebrew to figure out the enable routines isn't so far out of reach
happy.gif
(so maybe not flawlessly in that light, but I'm not about to start patching things that the launcher should be handling anyway.)

clubecgr:
If you get a 3in1+ change this line of the cheat
19880000 00000300
to
19880000 00000100
And it should work in R4 v1.18+yasu's R4 fix/YS Menu. If you are using the latest AIO, it should work without any cheats.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cory1492 said:
I'm not so sure the retail card with the retail expansion would be able to sleep properly anyway because of the wifi (kudos to the engineers if it does indeed.)
I also don't know about the Nintendo DS Browser, but some games (Nintendogs, The World Ends With You) can sleep with wifi on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup