Hacking Opened friends list from game. 3ds froze, save game reverted

Sobekk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friend was playing mh4u running as a rom from his gateway.

He went in to the friend list and his 3ds completely froze.

When he rebooted, went back into gateway mode, and launched mh4u, his save had reverted to the one that is created when you first begin the game.

Is there any way to get his save file back?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the future, periodically export your save with savedatafiler (or if playing as a rom, copy the .sav from the gateway SD).

Does he have any backups of his SD card that might have a recent .sav on it?

Reactions: Sobekk

Sobekk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately not. He isn't exactly savvy with this kind of thing and I was the one that set everything up for him. He is playing it as a rom though, so would the most recent savedata be stored as a .sav on his gateway sd?

Sobekk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see. So simply launching the rom will overwrite the .sav? This will all be useful information to remember for the future.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For card1 games you have to properly quit the game (home -> close or power -> power off/home) or your progress won't be saved. (for example if it's freeze like here). If you wan't to avoid that use cias or convert your games to card2 games (never worked for me).

Sobekk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For card1 games you have to properly quit the game (home -> close or power -> power off/home) or your progress won't be saved. (for example if it's freeze like here). If you wan't to avoid that use cias or convert your games to card2 games (never worked for me).
I guess the confusing part is that he's saved plenty of times as he has progressed through the game. So I thought that after freezing and crashing, he would at least be reverted to one of those saves (rather than the very first save that is stored when you create your character). It appears that the unique way gateway writes save data to the sd card is behind this.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess the confusing part is that he's saved plenty of times as he has progressed through the game. So I thought that after freezing and crashing, he would at least be reverted to one of those saves (rather than the very first save that is stored when you create your character). It appears that the unique way gateway writes save data to the sd card is behind this.

Did he properly quit the game at least one time?

Sobekk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as I recall, he would have had to quit/run the gateway exploit again in order to set up new wireless connections.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1