1. Spendoza

OP Spendoza Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Good day, comrades.
    I have a Xbox 360 Falcon and have updated up to 17511.
    I also purchased a bunch of legit games on disk, Legendary/GOTY editions that sort of thing, as well as a bunch of purchased/free for gold titles on a USB HDD.
    I am now getting the "Open Tray" error, where the disks do not read, despite the system working perfectly otherwise with the USB HDD games.
    What can be done to allow me to play my legit 360 game disks? As I got the system years ago from a friend for $50 I am not opposed to opening it up, and I am fully capable of soldering if necessary.
    Thank you for any suggestions, and please let me know if more info is needed.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Gay boy

Antarctica
    Replace the DVD drive belts.
    Rubbers probably perished.

3. Spendoza

OP Spendoza Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    hmm, interesting. googling guide, will report results

edit: I realize now I may not have been clear in my OP. The drive opens and closes fine.
    When I put a disk in, it makes terrible sounds and does not read the disk... Same solution?

Last edited by Spendoza, Apr 3, 2017
  4. DinohScene

DinohScene Gay boy

Antarctica
    Then it's probably the laser.
    Try tweaking the potentiometer a bit, maybe that'll work, otherwise you'll have to replace the laser.

5. JoanneClark

JoanneClark Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    This fix will try and make it easier for your XBOX to read a disc by making the disc easier to read. We do this by taking a disc out running some cool water over the disc and then gently drying it either by dabbing it or by rubbing the disc from the inside to the outside of the disc. Then just put the disc back into the xbox.
    check for other methods here
    www errorsolutions.tech/error/xbox-360-open-tray-error

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - updated, error,