Homebrew oot3dhax_installer2: Second-degree *hax for OoT3D

D

Deleted-236924

Break your cartrigde.
jk

I got multiple save files working before, but the new 2.5 payloads are a lot larger so your save file can't be as big.
Does another save file grow in size eventually? Like when you get in later game or when you unlock Master Quest?

Because if it doesn't work when trying to manually create a new save file on main menu, but copying over another save with svdt "works", makes me feel like it would cause problems down the line such as being unable to save anymore if save file needs to become bigger.

Deleted member 371699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does another save file grow in size eventually? Like when you get in later game or when you unlock Master Quest?

Because if it doesn't work when trying to manually create a new save file on main menu, but copying over another save with svdt "works", makes me feel like it would cause problems down the line such as being unable to save anymore if save file needs to become bigger.

Save size doesn't grow as you do stuff; it just changes values in the file itself.

D

Deleted-236924

Yeah but phase says "so your save file can't be as big."
If save files were all the same size then either it would work, either it wouldn't.

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can I install two payloads into two save slots?
For example: save0x.bin and payload.bin for O3DS in save slot 1 and save0x.bin and payload.bin for N3DS in save slot 2?

With this I could use the game cartridge on my O3DS and my N3DS.

Is this possible?

D

Deleted-236924

The game just has the hax save file in one slot, and payload.bin just somewhere in the save data. It isn't actually linked to a save slot.
Assuming the save chip for oot was big enough to contain two payloads, they'd both have to be named payload.bin which wouldn't work (unless you modified the code in the hacked save file to point to a different file name.)

Edit: I just tried it myself btw, svdt just stops when I try restoring the second save file when the hax save file and the payload are on the cartridge.

SaHXEGn.jpg

Last edited by ,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let everyone know that this works perfectly fine on an Old 3DS 10.2. I used Cubic Ninja to run the installer and it boots up hax 2.5 great. Sometimes I get frozen at the "ropbin is ready" screen but most of the time it works.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I install two payloads into two save slots?
For example: save0x.bin and payload.bin for O3DS in save slot 1 and save0x.bin and payload.bin for N3DS in save slot 2?

With this I could use the game cartridge on my O3DS and my N3DS.

Is this possible?
you can make multiple save0x.bin files, but actual payload is too big as it weight like 5 save files...
cfw users can install oot3d as cia with bigger save data capacity, but legit gamecard/digital can store up to: legit save, hax save entrypoint and payload (as far I tested with 2.1 payloads, 2.5 can make some differences)

D

Deleted-236924

you can make multiple save0x.bin files, but actual payload is too big as it weight like 5 save files...
cfw users can install oot3d as cia with bigger save data capacity, but legit gamecard/digital can store up to: legit save, hax save entrypoint and payload (as far I tested with 2.1 payloads, 2.5 can make some differences)
With 2.5, you can't hold a second save file :c

D

Deleted User

hax 2.5 totally works!! I used 10.1 payload for my 10.2 system with svdt. Hell yeah. :yaynds:

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With 2.5, you can't hold a second save file :c

Works for me. I used save manager btw. First I wiped my Oot3D save, installed Hax 2.5, then went to save manager and extracted the save. Went to a PC and just copied my save file over to the saveDataBackup folder and restored the save with save manager. I can play my save file and still use Hax 2.5.

any chance of a save file for the 3ds e-shop version of OOT?

I am using the eshop version and i could get an extra save file.

D

Deleted-236924

Works for me. I used save manager btw. First I wiped my Oot3D save, installed Hax 2.5, then went to save manager and extracted the save. Went to a PC and just copied my save file over to the saveDataBackup folder and restored the save with save manager. I can play my save file and still use Hax 2.5.

I refer to you my other post from above:
SaHXEGn.jpg

If you backup your save data again, is the other save the same size as your *hax save file?
My guess is that save manager only restored as much of the save file as it could and not the whole thing.

That, or there are some OoT cartridges out there with bigger save memory chip for whatever reason.

Edit: I just tried here too, 2.5 payload with the *hax save file, the system.dat file, and a save01.bin. svdt gives me the error pictured above, save manager just crashes with a message I can't read because it returns to HBL before I can see it.

In both cases, it doesn't give me the *hax save file and another save file to play.

Oh, you're using the eShop version. That probably changes things. eShop version probably has more space available for save data. Are you able to restore a third save file too?

Last edited by ,

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I refer to you my other post from above:
SaHXEGn.jpg

If you backup your save data again, is the other save the same size as your *hax save file?
My guess is that save manager only restored as much of the save file as it could and not the whole thing.

That, or there are some OoT cartridges out there with bigger save memory chip for whatever reason.

Edit: I just tried here too, 2.5 payload with the *hax save file, the system.dat file, and a save01.bin. svdt gives me the error pictured above, save manager just crashes with a message I can't read because it returns to HBL before I can see it.

In both cases, it doesn't give me the *hax save file and another save file to play.

Oh, you're using the eShop version. That probably changes things. eShop version probably has more space available for save data. Are you able to restore a third save file too?

I just tried and it doesn't allow a third save file. Save Manager didn't crash though. It seems to have "worked" but when I went to my Oot3D, the third save slot was empty. Also, I checked the file size of my real game save and it's still the same so it wasn't cut off.

D

Deleted-236924

Yeah, I guess the eShop digital version probably just has more save space available :P I have the retail cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Im alright.