Homebrew oot3dhax_installer2: Second-degree *hax for OoT3D

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
The steps I have done:
-Had a dummy save on the cartridge
-Go to smea github and download the otherap version of my 3ds, rename it as payload.bin
-Download the oothax offline like @Scorpz101 said https://gbatemp.net/attachments/oot3dhax_installer_offline-zip.28171/
-Depending on your 3ds region, rename the save0x.bin.eur, save0x.bin.jpn or save0x.bin.usa to save00.bin
-Using svdt, select the game and replace payload.bin and save00.bin with the ones we got before. Leave system.dat as it is.

And you're done! Just start the game, load the save and press "a" and you sould be using *hax2.5 version right now.

Scorpz101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The steps I have done:
-Go to smea github and download the otherap version of my 3ds, rename it as payload.bin
-Download the oothax offline like @Scorpz101 said https://gbatemp.net/attachments/oot3dhax_installer_offline-zip.28171/
-Depending on your 3ds region, rename the save0x.bin.eur, save0x.bin.jpn or save0x.bin.usa to save00.bin
-Using svdt, select the game and replace payload.bin and save00.bin with the ones we got before. Leave system.dat as it is.

And you're done! Just start the game, load the save and press "a" and you sould be using *hax2.5 version right now.
If you have the time or a camera to help other oothax users out you could create a YouTube video of you following those instructions and paste the instructions with the video

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say "replace payload.bin" what do you mean?
When you use svdt with oot as a target, you should be able tu see 3 files on the left:
-payload.bin
-save00.bin
-system.dat

Just download the correct otherap for your 3ds from smea github, rename it "payload.bin" and replace the previous one with this one.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
The steps I have done:

Wait, so you have 2.5 running on a 10.2 system with OOT?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why it didn't work for me using the oothax installer and works doing it manually

Ermelber

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Italy
Something isn't working right to me.
I've got 2 o3DS, one on 9.8 (emuNAND) and one with 10.1.
I have no other way to run HBL on 10.1 other than oot3dhax.
I wanted to install the oot3dhax on my cart by using my CFW on 9.8 emuNAND by using Cubic Ninja and Ninjhax.
I've downloaded the Otherapp for o3DS 10.1.0-27E:
ki2B8dM.png
I've installed oot3dhax by selecting 9.8 (you know, when it asks you which version your 3ds is) on my cart.
By using svdt, I replaced the files save00.bin and payload.bin (the one I downloaded for 10.1).
When trying to run the hax on my 10.1 3DS, it crashes after the screens start glitching (sign that something is working, maybe) and I have all the files for HBL on my 10.1 3DS.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Something isn't working right to me.
I've got 2 o3DS, one on 9.8 (emuNAND) and one with 10.1.
I have no other way to run HBL on 10.1 other than oot3dhax.
I wanted to install the oot3dhax on my cart by using my CFW on 9.8 emuNAND by using Cubic Ninja and Ninjhax.
I've downloaded the Otherapp for o3DS 10.1.0-27E:
ki2B8dM.png
I've installed oot3dhax by selecting 9.8 (you know, when it asks you which version your 3ds is) on my cart.
By using svdt, I replaced the files save00.bin and payload.bin (the one I downloaded for 10.1).
When trying to run the hax on my 10.1 3DS, it crashes after the screens start glitching (sign that something is working, maybe) and I have all the files for HBL on my 10.1 3DS.
You don't need to install oothax running the installer, you only need the file save0x.bin.eur that the installer has in its folder

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I know, it's what I did. I just installed it to make the dummy files that will be replaced with the correct ones
Mmm, I don't know what could be the problem... I think when you install oothax, you have to select the version of the 3ds where you want to run the hax, but then you replace the files... I cannot say for sure because I have only tried on 10.0 and 9.4 without emunands so... sorry.
If it helps, I can say something like that happened to me when I tried to use the hax that was installed with the installer

Last edited by Arubaro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes