oot3dhax gone?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mrzeldaootfan, May 10, 2016.

1. Mrzeldaootfan
    OP

Mrzeldaootfan GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2016
    United States
    I was wondering if oot3dhax still works on the 11.0 firmware, i have no CFW on my old3ds

2. shroppy

shroppy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    Romania
    yes, but just until it's updated

3. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Yes, but you still need an exploit to load the save. Your best bet is to find someone with either a 3DS on a low enough FW that can still perform browserhax, or a copy of Cubic Ninja to get a head start.

4. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    I thought CN and OOTHAX were both dead on newest firmware unless you had CFW

5. Mrzeldaootfan
    OP

May 10, 2016
    United States
    im just wondering if i can still get into homebrew if i update, i have the hax******* save file in the game i dont have cubic ninja

6. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I thought I read it still worked, but I just found that out that it might be CFW only. Damn, that's a shame. It's not officially CFW only right now though. It looks like people are still figuring out if that's true or now.

Thread I'm talking about: https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-0-and-homebrew.425973/

I wouldn't update yet. I suggest keeping an eye on Smealum's twitter.

Last edited by Selim873, May 10, 2016
  7. Mrzeldaootfan
    OP

May 10, 2016
    United States
    yeah thats what im planning on doing, also i know this is off topic, anyone know any good emulators to run pokemon firered fast ?, on homebrew

8. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Right now it is confirmed CFW only, Smea is going to be looking at it though, and we will probably have an 11.0 compatible version Soon™

For now, stick with whatever firmware you're on, there's no reason to upgrade anyways, unless you want to lock yourself out of modding.