Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
So, I'm on 10.3 o3DS. Now as 10.4 patches Ironhax, I'm thinking about installing OOThax. But the problem is that i dont have a OOT game. So I'm thinking bout doing this:
1. Downgrade to 9.2, then install a CIA of OOT.
2. Install OOThax for 10.4 on the game.
3. Upgrade to 10.4 and enjoy homebrew with latest firmware.
Can i do this? Please temme

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update your SysNAND to 10.4, you will no longer have CFW access. OoT will work on 10.4 as a game card, but there is no reason for you to use it on 10.4 when you already have CFW: Homebrew can be launched as a channel with CFW.

You should keep your SysNAND on 9.2, format EmuNAND so your SysNAND is copied to a hidden partition on your SD card, then update EmuNAND to 10.4 (preferably 10.3 actually) while keeping SysNAND on 9.2.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This wouldn't work because there are no legit CIAs of Ocarina of Time which can be installed on Sysnand and still work.

What you suggest is interesting though, if any of these legit CIAs have a potential save data exploit for launching homebrew exploits, this would make installing a new entrypoint quite easy even on 10.4

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40878s/3ds_legit_cia_list/

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What can you enjoy with the latest firmware? MUCH MORE STABILITY? Please, follow my advice, downgrade to 9.2 and setup an rxtools emunand

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
If you update your SysNAND to 10.4, you will no longer have CFW access. OoT will work on 10.4 as a game card, but there is no reason for you to use it on 10.4 when you already have CFW: Homebrew can be launched as a channel with CFW.

You should keep your SysNAND on 9.2, format EmuNAND so your SysNAND is copied to a hidden partition on your SD card, then update EmuNAND to 10.4 (preferably 10.3 actually) while keeping SysNAND on 9.2.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Look, I use homebrew only forHANS, svdt and PCHex. So i dont really care bout CFWs and stuff. I just wanted to install a non-legit cia of OOT so that i could use OOTHax on 10.4. BTW what is Emunand? Sorry, I'm ompletely noob at CFWs.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can set up your cfw to launch at startup so you don't have to worry about emunand and sysnand. Emunand can be updated to the latest firmware without any issues afaik, so you'll still have access to the homebrew launcher through oothax, ninjhax, whateverhax if that's what you want. As others have pointed out though there is a cia of the homebrew launcher so you don't need to worry about another entry point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5