United States

Warft

Say my name!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he should be trying to take credit for something that he kept hidden from the public, that someone else discovered and released publicly later.
Yeah, that's no matter, i want to know if the developers can utilize the exploit to run homebrew without the flashcart like the spider.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think they don't list all known exploits until it's used if it can be exploited.
It lists only "public" exploit, they won't provide all possible vulnerabilities/flaws for nintendo to patch if it can be used for future homebrew entry point.

"hey, nintendo, I will use cubic ninja for my exploit which I will release in 6 months, don't patch it ok?"

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nope, but even on other exploits they have put stuff like discovered by mr x AND mr Y independently......just seems a bit childish to be like meh we already knew about that neh neh....plus the browser exploit that was accredited to 3dbrew devs before gateway proper utilisation was mostly if you do this it sometimes crashes but it's mostly unusable ...same for mset

Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things I doubt gateway care for what they get accredited for, they are making money and I think that's all they care about really

Reactions: shawnanastasio

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm assuming that back in 2012 it was just one hack that allowed an entry point but didn't have any other known vulnerabilities to use as stage2.

Remember that ninjhax takes 4 vulnerabilites in order to run homebrew. The second stage it uses (the GPU hack) wasn't discovered until 2014.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't matter you can't just say well i discovered it 3 years ago but never said it or mentioned it or told anyone but I did so too bad

Someone else discovered it individually from them and released it they deserve credit not the other way around

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, we're thankful to anyone that finds these exploitable points
as well as the people who put them to use.

Reactions: WeedZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s