Hardware Only 1 PSN account per Vita?

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deactivated and restored my vita to factory settings BUT I DID NOT FORMAT MEMORY CARD (mem card has uncharted game)

then when I rebooted the vita and I re-activated ity with my bro's account, he can still see the game!

Is this correct?

Try playing it. I actually started reading the thread on gamespot and people are completely clueless if you can actually PLAY the game after doing this, lol. Works for free content...hrm.
Damn. I hope paid content works.

dammit, it said my bro had to buy it :(
You aren't going to be able to let someone else use your licensed purchases.
Damn.
There goes import capabilities. That's a pain.
Why can't you import? JPN games play fine on a US Vita. It's region free.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I deactivated and restored my vita to factory settings BUT I DID NOT FORMAT MEMORY CARD (mem card has uncharted game)

then when I rebooted the vita and I re-activated ity with my bro's account, he can still see the game!

Is this correct?

Try playing it. I actually started reading the thread on gamespot and people are completely clueless if you can actually PLAY the game after doing this, lol. Works for free content...hrm.
Damn. I hope paid content works.

dammit, it said my bro had to buy it :(
You aren't going to be able to let someone else use your licensed purchases.
Damn.
There goes import capabilities. That's a pain.
Why can't you import? JPN games play fine on a US Vita. It's region free.

Well clearly I was talking about japanese games over PSN, i'm well aware it's region free. I suppose "import" wasn't technically the correct choice of words.
However paying $70~ for a $30-40 game isn't going to happen. I'm fine with around $50 with currency conversion thrown in, but yeah. The only game I ever physically imported was Tales of VS, and that's because i'm a die-hard Tales fan.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, in that case, you'll have to go through the process of switching accounts, but it can be done.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, in that case, you'll have to go through the process of switching accounts, but it can be done.

You can switch accounts, you just need to set up 1 PSN acc per memory card, and do a complete re-format every time you want to switch. Its tedious and annoying, also having to watch that opening intro video everytime you need to switch accounts and re-format. Its not worth it

Reactions: 1 person

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw this on IGN

multiple people can use multiple PlayStation Network accounts, on the vita
Yes, that method has already been discussed... but it's very very far from ideal. Restoring factory settings takes about 5 minutes, and at least 2 memory cards making it incredibly annoying if you want to try out some japanese demos or even buy japanese games. It means you have to constantly switch back and forth between the two.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have a question. I have 2 PSN accounts on my PS3 but only using one(the one I'll use on the Vita). The problem is the in the old one I have all my PSP games but all of them have been downloaded to the PS3 waiting for the Vita. The question is can I transfer games from other PSN accounts ,other than the one I'm using, if those games have been downloaded on my PS3?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a question. I have 2 PSN accounts on my PS3 but only using one(the one I'll use on the Vita). The problem is the in the old one I have all my PSP games but all of them have been downloaded to the PS3 waiting for the Vita. The question is can I transfer games from other PSN accounts ,other than the one I'm using, if those games have been downloaded on my PS3?

No. The PS Vita will only play games associated with the same PSN account it runs on. So if account A is your main PS3 and Vita account, and account B is where all your PSP games are, your Vita will not be able to use them unless you use the above method to switch between memory cards.

Reactions: 1 person

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

No. The PS Vita will only play games associated with the same PSN account it runs on. So if account A is your main PS3 and Vita account, and account B is where all your PSP games are, your Vita will not be able to use them unless you use the above method to switch between memory cards.
Crap! Oh well thanks anyway. Ummm...If I call Sony can they join my 2 PSN accounts under one ID?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Crap! Oh well thanks anyway. Ummm...If I call Sony can they join my 2 PSN accounts under one ID?

No

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
What about downloading a vita game from one account via my PS3 and then transfering it to the vita with the other account? That's what I do with my PSP games as my PS3 overwrites the previous account stored, the only downside is that I can't play the games from the previous account until I switch back.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i would think
you need the SAME account on linked to both systems

account A, is on the ps3 and buys the game
so
account A need to be linked to the Vita
so
if account B in linked to the vita and account A is linked to the ps3 , you will need to link account A to the vita 1st, then transfer the game over

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy the games on Account A (the game is labeled as belonging to account A). You do not actively have to be on account A on the PS3 to transfer it to the Vita, the Vita however MUST be logged into account A to transfer the game (it will tell you there is a license issue, this includes PSVita demos!).

Now you CAN play out of region demos on your Vita but you must log into that region PSN (in this case, say your main is a US account, and the secondary is a Japanese one) once you download the Japanese demos to your memory card, you can switch back to your US PSN and play the Japanese demos... but it will NOT WORK FOR FULL GAMES.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Now you CAN play out of region demos on your Vita but you must log into that region PSN (in this case, say your main is a US account, and the secondary is a Japanese one) once you download the Japanese demos to your memory card, you can switch back to your US PSN and play the Japanese demos... but it will NOT WORK FOR FULL GAMES.
I tried this but it didn't work. I download a demo from the Australian PSN store and then tried to move it to my Vita when signed into the Japanese PSN store through CMA I think I did something wrong but it doesn't matter now, Japan's PSN store has alot more new demos to try out then Australia's one.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried this but it didn't work. I download a demo from the Australian PSN store and then tried to move it to my Vita when signed into the Japanese PSN store through CMA I think I did something wrong but it doesn't matter now, Japan's PSN store has alot more new demos to try out then Australia's one.
He said you must be logged in to the account from which you downloaded the demo. If you downloaded the demo via the Australian store, you need to be logged into that account on the Vita when transferring the game, afterwards you can log in to the Japanese acc again and play the demo. (Dunno if you need to install it with the Australian acc as well tho.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1