Onimusha Blade Warriors not working on HDLoader, OPL

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
All right, I dug up my fat SCPH-30006 PS2 from my garage last week, I haven't played it for years, I installed HDLoader 0.8c with a 160GB PATA HDD way back in 2008/2009 I think.

I want to play Onimusha Blade Warriors, and it seems like it is the only game that doesn't work on HDLoader despite the old compatibility list on sksapps.com says it's compatible (archived via wayback machine). It's always stuck on black screen during startup.

So, I installed OPL 1.10 on a new PATA 200GB HDD, because the compatibility list on different OPL says the game should work. But no matter which mode I tried, the game is always stuck on a black screen. Other games like Onimusha Dawn of Dreams works fine.

I tried several different US ISOs from different sites (cdromance.com, the PS2 ISO megathread, etc). None of them works. Does anybody actually ever get it working on HDLoader, OPL or PCSX2? If yes, how did you do it?

Last edited by Rich8606,

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay, I've tried to load the game with OPL 0.93, OPL 1602 DB, I tried the US version of the game, Japanese and EU versions, no luck, still black screen upon loading.

Various compatibility lists on PS2-home.com and PSX-place.com lists the game as compatible. I dunno what I'm doing wrong here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: