whatthepok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy All,

I have had this ongoing issue with trying to getting the Action Replay version 1.14b for GameCube to work for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest combination disc, which is an original disc not a backup. I am also using the HD component cables I have used multiple ISOs and burned them to DVD-Rs at the lowest burning speed using ImgBurn. I have used Neogamma R9 Beta 56, Wii Gator Backup Launcher both 0.2 and 0.3 beta and gamma, and Action Replay Loader 1.14/GameCube. For the Action Replay Loader 1.14 it flashes the Nintendo Logo then I get the error "An error has occurred. Please turn the power and refer to your Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet.", but I have used it for Pikmin 2 and it worked fine. With the Neogamma it identifies my AR as NHL HITZ 20-02 with an ID of GNHE5d I have tried both the normal video option and the 480p and 480i option, but with either option my Wii responds by making a terrible noise while reading the disc and I either get an "Failed to read DVD 607, Error 0x31100 Ready, Halting", no error at all, or the screen flashes and nothing happens. For Wii Gator 0.2 I get the same ID and name and the same results. And for the Wii Gator 0.3 beta and gamma the program doesn't even work it just freezes at start up. I made sure all my Cios and CMios were up to date with Pimp My Wii so I am unsure what to do from here. Any suggestions?

Thanks Everyone

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, you have 3 options.

1) Use a cMIOS file, ar114.dol on the SD card root, and ARbooter.

2) You could go with the Dios Mios option, which involves converting the AR codes to Ocarina format, connecting a FAT32 32k Clustersize USB device, and booting your disc with a USB loader (USB Loader GX if you ask me) thereby effectively ignoring any possible hiccups the AR software could cause.

3) Use the Virtual Console version of OoT, and the VC inject of OoT Master Quest, which was made by 0RANGECHiCKEN, and use the existing Ocarina Codes for the both of them.

whatthepok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the results I got.

1. Froze like the Action Replay Loader 1.14 did

2. WiiFlow, USBGX Loader, and USB Loader would not find the ISO even after the Dios Mios 32k formatting on the USB. Got the ISO to show up in USB GX Loader but it keeps trying to force me to put it on the SD card to play it and Neo Gamma can't find it in via DML mode

3. Haven't tried it yet

whatthepok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks CheatFreak47 I will go a hunting for the third option myself. However, I read somewhere that with the second option I would be overwriting my gamecube ios which would not allow me to play gamecube originals or am I misled? Regardless I am trying the beta now version R1211

whatthepok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used the newest BETA USB Loader, but it keeps telling me I need either Devolution or Dios Mios (Lite) to load games from USB and SD. So I am using Devolution, however I do not think Devolution can use Ocarina codes, but Dios Mios can even though every time I try to run the back up on Dios Mios it just goes back to the wii menu screen while Devolution can run the back up wonderfully

whatthepok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the Dios Mios to work, but even after converting the Action Replay codes to Ocarina codes the game just green screens when loading. Works fine without codes. So, it looks like all this work was a waste of time there seems to be no way I can use cheats on Master Quest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot