Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A page on Nintendo of Europe’s Wii site has confirmed that the Wii will indeed not have a friend code per game as previously thought, but a friend code per system/account!

This is great news as we can now send messages to other users while they’re playing another game, or invite them to play with you. This is a massive leap forward for Nintendo online gamers and we can only hope that they’ll include communication software with the Wii as standard.

More as it breaks!

Update: Since posting it has come to my attention that you will only get one friend code per Wii and not a friend code per account on the Wii.

"If we chose to, we could allow each family member to have their own account. But that just isn't what Wii is about. To give a very straightforward example, we're aiming at a console for everyone to use, but if we allowed everyone to have their own account, you would need to enter a password to use the console. To switch on Wii and be presented with a screen asking for your user name and password...well for me, that would have been unacceptable. In discussions, pretty much everyone agreed on this point"

Source

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, thanks Jeshus.
I was really worried, all the Wii haters have a point less
wink.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This really is fantastic news.
smile.gif

Hopefully you can have multiple friend codes per console (room mates, friends etc...). Maybe one is assigned per Mii, ie. per Wii-mote?

But am I the only one that CAN'T find this supposed information on the micro site?
unsure.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I´m almost sure I saw it on the 1up show. I´ll search it.

I put it on you tube;

Mii Creation

They don´t mention any interaction but there´s others Miis...
unsure.gif
Just because you can make multiple Mii doesn't mean you can take them online, much ess communicate with people you're playing with/against online.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may add online Mii interaction later on. They already said you can store your Mii in the Wiimote to interact with somebody else's Miis.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Iwata ask!

QUOTE said:
Iwata And of course, making these characters is not the end. These Mii characters can then appear in games, for instance Wii Sports.

Nogami That's right. As I mentioned earlier, from the very start of this software's development, we wanted to allow the characters created by users to appear in the games. In fact, as long as the software developers make the games compatible with the Mii system, these characters will also be able to appear in the games they produce. One more interesting thing is that the Mii characters do not always feature as the main characters in the games. You can also find them popping up as faces in the crowd. For instance, in Wii Sports, a Mii you made a while ago and had forgotten about might turn up one day in the spectators' seats. Also, since you can store Mii on your Wii Remote, you can bring your Mii to use on your friend's Wii!

Iwata There is also the "Mii Parade" to look forward to. Could you please explain that?

Nogami To put it simply, Mii Parade is a system that uses the network to allow Mii characters created by many people to mix and mingle. You can line up Mii characters in the "Mii Plaza", but at the start the only Mii characters you will find are those you have created yourself. Over time, however, using the WiiConnect24 system, other users' Mii characters can come and visit. In the same way, your Mii can make an appearance on someone else's Wii, although this won't happen unless the user has authorised it. The user can choose whether or not to allow their Mii to come and go on the network, so the only Mii characters that will appear on someone else's Wii are those where the user has permitted it.

Iwata You could have a Mii which has come from the other side of the world!

Nogami You could. Your Mii can pop up anywhere. I should point out, though, that your Mii will never go missing from your own Wii.

Iwata This is a very ambitious experiment. What made you decide to attempt it?

Nogami We always had the intention of allowing the characters created for one game to appear as guests in other games. However, the decision to allow the interaction of Mii characters across the world was inspired by WiiConnect24. Personally, I am a really big fan of that kind of feature. I came up with this particular idea while I was thinking how WiiConnect24 might be used with the Mii concept. The most basic motivation was the belief that, however fun it may be to make your own characters, there is a limit to how enjoyable it can be when just one player is involved. I thought it would be a shame if people stopped using the Mii Channel once they had created, let's say, 10 look-alike characters of their friends and family. However, if more and more Mii characters from users they had played games with, or from anywhere else around the world appear on Wii, I think this will make people want to create new Mii characters. They might get ideas from other people and think: "Wow, you can make a Mii like that!" Then they will try to improve their own Mii. I think people will be continuously motivated through this interaction with other users. How can I put it...? I think there is a limit to the amount of this kind of motivation and inspiration which can be put within actual games from the start. But if, for instance, a user finds a new way to play a game, they can then let other users know about it. In this way, there will be an endless supply of ideas being generated from all over the world, and I hope that this energy will build on itself. That's exactly the reason why we made so much effort to create a system which allowed data to be transferred between Wii consoles.

Source and full interview: Here

Sounds fine, but I think Nintendo have some bigger surprise
grog.gif

D

Deleted User

One friend code per console. Sounds a bit like a static IP to me, well the same sort of thing. Hopefully they can't or won't be banning people from the servers. I'd hate to get banned in one game because of some whining kid who can't play and not be able to play a different game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.