Hacking One game not working after YSMenu ...

Samyyy123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sup guys, yesterday, I updated my R4 firmware with YSMenu. Everything is working fine (all the games that didn't work before are working) but one game that was working before : my patched Jump! Ultimate Stars game. Anyone know why? I have an original R4

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Describe how it's not working. Also try running the game unpatched and see if that works. If it works unpatched, then there might be something wrong with the patch. If it works on 1.18 but not YSMenu, then try dual-booting 1.18 in order to play that game.

Samyyy123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I start the game, and I only see two white screen. I'll try later with a clean version. Oh, and another question, anyone know why when I am in Zelda : Spirit Tracks (E), I do not see any levier or anything for the train o.o

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samyyy123 said:
Well, I start the game, and I only see two white screen. I'll try later with a clean version. Oh, and another question, anyone know why when I am in Zelda : Spirit Tracks (E), I do not see any levier or anything for the train o.o
Yes, that is part of the anti-piracy (in the USA version, anyway). It has been fixed for the USA version with extinfo; according to http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list, it wasn't even supposed to exist in the European version (so it probably hasn't been fixed).

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4YS menu can not always play patched games
wink.gif
BTW, I haven't found any games that need to be patched hahaha
smile.gif
That's the biggest perk to running YS menu on an R4......you will NEVER have to wait for a game to be patched again. When everyone went crazy trying to figure out the M&L BIS patch I was playing away on YS menu
tongue.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
wink.gif
smile.gif
That's the biggest perk to running YS menu on an R4......you will NEVER have to wait for a game to be patched again. When everyone went crazy trying to figure out the M&L BIS patch I was playing away on YS menu
tongue.gif
Jump Ultimate Stars is in Japanese, so I assume it was a language patch. Also, patches for games with anti-piracy usually come out before the firmware is fixed to play them, and there is no guarantee that we will ever get firmware updates, considering that they're all unofficial updates. In fact, there are plenty of recent games that cannot be played on the R4 right now. Please get your facts straight.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
wink.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif
Not true in any sense.....

Phantasy Star 0 (U), while playable, had AntiPiracy check that wasn't fixed except by patch for a LONG time, and to my knowledge the code -- which was made FROM the patch -- is STILL not in the GBAtemp database.
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (U) needed a patch for the train controls for a long time, until.. yep, a code was made from the patch.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story did NOT work right away on YSMenu/DSTT and needed an updated extinfo.dat

And that's just three fairly recent games. There are plenty of others that have needed patches before a cheatcode or updated extinfo.dat was released.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YSmenu uses the DSTT firmware as a base, so you need to follow the DSTT instructions for patching JUS.

You need:
1 patched JUS rom
1 clean JUS rom
DSLazy (or another program that can unpack roms)

Use DSLazy to unpack both patched and clean roms. Drag the 2 folders (NOT .bin files) from the patched version to the clean version, and overwrite. Repack the "clean" rom, and load it onto your microSD.

Samyyy123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
injected11 said:
YSmenu uses the DSTT firmware as a base, so you need to follow the DSTT instructions for patching JUS.

You need:
1 patched JUS rom
1 clean JUS rom
DSLazy (or another program that can unpack roms)

Use DSLazy to unpack both patched and clean roms. Drag the 2 folders (NOT .bin files) from the patched version to the clean version, and overwrite. Repack the "clean" rom, and load it onto your microSD.

Thanks, I'll do that right away
biggrin.gif

EDIT : Oh ya, about The Legend of Zelda, I just downloaded the (U) version, it had the french language anyway.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
lightyear said:
wink.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif
Jump Ultimate Stars is in Japanese, so I assume it was a language patch. Also, patches for games with anti-piracy usually come out before the firmware is fixed to play them, and there is no guarantee that we will ever get firmware updates, considering that they're all unofficial updates. In fact, there are plenty of recent games that cannot be played on the R4 right now. Please get your facts straight.
Are you referring to this list of games, which is ALL DSi only???

4609 iCarly-
Freezes on dual blank screens with FW 1.2x & Load rom errcode=-4 (DSI only)

4637 Just SING!-

4646 Girls Life Jewellery Style-

4647 iCarly-

4648 Imagine Artist-

4650 Bookworm-

4651 Jam Sessions 2-

4661 Jigapix Pets-

4663 World of Zoo-

4665 The Biggest Loser-

4676 Daniel X-

4678 Bejeweled Twist-

4694 Assassin Creed II-

4705 Scene It? Twilight-

4743 Sonic & SEGA Racing-

4754 James Cameron's Avatar-

4757 Sonic & SEGA Racing-

4762 MLB 2K10-

4763 Alice in Wonderland-

Maybe you need to get your facts straight first
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
Lacius said:
lightyear said:
wink.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif

blah blah blah

smile.gif

Seeing as he referred to Jump Ultimate Stars which is not a DSi only game and did not make mention of a list of DSi only games, I don't believe he would be referring to a list of DSi only games.

Maybe you need to spend more time reading than making stupid lists that have nothing to do with the discussion.

The point he's making is that many games that are being released now are becoming very difficult if not impossible to patch to properly work on the R4.
And with the unofficial support from ashley being dropped, DSTT/YSMenu is slowly dying too.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
smile.gif

1. The games you listed are not DSi-only; they are DSi enhanced. With the proper additions to extinfo.dat, DSi-enhanced games are able to work on the R4 (like James Cameron's Avatar: The Game USA). Unfortunately, they do not work on the R4 presently because extinfo.dat has not been updated to do so and YSMenu is not this ultimate error-proof firmware you make it out to be.

2. Apparently, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is not a DSi-enhanced game anyway (even though it has errcode=-4). This is seemingly just part of it's AP. There are patches available to fix it, but they do not work on the R4.

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Mar 6 2010, 01:08 PM) The point he's making is that many games that are being released now are becoming very difficult if not impossible to patch to properly work on the R4.
And with the unofficial support from ashley being dropped, DSTT/YSMenu is slowly dying too.
Yes, that is exactly the point I am trying to make, along with the fact that specific workarounds have to be found for specific games with AP before they can be implemented into any firmware updates; YSMenu doesn't just work with everything.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lightyear said:
Lacius said:
lightyear said:
wink.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif

4609 iCarly-

4637 Just SING!-

4646 Girls Life Jewellery Style-

4647 iCarly-

4648 Imagine Artist-

4650 Bookworm-

4651 Jam Sessions 2-

4661 Jigapix Pets-

4663 World of Zoo-

4665 The Biggest Loser-

4676 Daniel X-

4678 Bejeweled Twist-

4694 Assassin Creed II-

4705 Scene It? Twilight-

4743 Sonic & SEGA Racing-

4754 James Cameron's Avatar-

4757 Sonic & SEGA Racing-

4762 MLB 2K10-

4763 Alice in Wonderland-

smile.gif

Those games are DS/DSi hybrid meaning they can be played on a DS. Also some of those games have bo DSi enhancements (Sonic racing and Bookworm). Also if memory serves me correct Assassins Creed II is compatable with teh latest unofficial DSTT firmware. Stop bullshiting and get your fucking facts straight.

OP- I think I know why it won't work on Ysmenu. Ysmenu relies on the DSTT patching methods (if I remember rightly) and for some reason the DSTT doesn't seem to get translated JUS working. tTo get it working on Ysmenu try reading this

Samyyy123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks injected and emigre, it worked. And yes, I saw that R4 was dying ... I'm gonna buy an Ak2i or something else soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: