Hacking one bad thing about having the R4...

shred6waves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have too many games that i want to play!!!

am i the only one that feels this way? i have 25 games and i want to play through them all, but there are games that arent on there that i want to play even when im done with those 25!!

toooooo mannyyyyy gaammeeeesssss

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
the curse upon pirates.

you have all the games, but u cant enjoy them, even if you have ALL of them in your so called, flash card.

the known solution for some is to have one game at a time on your card and force yourself to play through it. if you have even two games in ur card, you cant force yourself to finish one since you got it so cheap and didn pay 40$ for it and so you wont feel any regret upon exiling it and beside that, you always have other games to "escape to" in order to tell yourself that one day you will come back and finish them.

by going that way, i dont think you'll even finish titles like Zelda.

thats why ppl have great memories upon their older consoles such as NES, they were foced to play like 3 or 4 games for all of their console's life time so each game got a quarter time of all their playing with that console, so they would hack it apart and enjoy it actually but when you have 1400 games for one console, each game will gett 1/1400 of your time and intrest.

i was dealing with Phoenix Wright 1. I had it always on my card and didnt progress much at all, so i removed all my games (left some mini games) and forced myself to not to plug in my card for one week. so it was like play Phoenix Wright or nothing and if i dont finish that game for that one week, i wont even copy it to my card for one week. and that was it, i didnt finishd it and i dont have in on my card since then, cuz i know if i dont play it in that week, i wont in more times.

i'm still loyal to this rule and i can see failiur upon emulation that i run.
since i have like all megamans on my card, so which you CAN select to finish? you have to have just one game or two ...

shred6waves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"i was dealing with Phoenix Wright 1. I had it always on my card and didnt progress much at all"

im going through that EXACT same thing!!! im on the 4th case and i just dont feel like playing the game.

however, i am working on a few games (tingle, sonic RA, trauma center, picross, brain age 2, mysims)

but at the same time i have games that ive worked on that are just sitting there half completed (phoenix wright, pac-pix, diddy kong racing, tetris ds)

and trust me. when zelda comes out, ill do that 1 game on the card if i have to....

...even though i dont think i will because im actually EXCITED about this game!!
smile.gif

faiyez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have too many games that i want to play!!!

am i the only one that feels this way? i have 25 games on my R4 and i want to play through them all, but there are games that arent on there that i want to play even when im done with those 25!!

toooooo mannyyyyy gaammeeeesssss

Exactly the same thing here. I've had stupid R4 for almost 3 months and I've only been able to finish 1 game (Card Fighters DS).

I have realized that I'm going to have to accept the fact that I won't be able to finish all the titles I have planned to play on my R4.

And it's not even an issue with time, it's just that I go like "man, what should I play?" And at the end it's almost always the same: I end up playing something casual like Mario Kart, or not playing at all.

Every time there's a new release for a game I'm interested in, I get so excited, but the game just gets old too fast!!! I have never felt anything like that with other consoles
frown.gif

I'll call it the Flash Cart Player's Syndrome

faiyez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time there's a new release for a game I'm interested in, I get so excited, but the game just gets old too fast!!! I have never felt anything like that with other consoles
frown.gif

That also might be partly due to the fact that there are very few DS games that are really good anyways.

Well, I don't think so... the DS is filled with a lot of great games, most of which I got..... but I just haven't been able to get into any of them.... sans Card Fighters DS.

shred6waves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to add to this topic, i just got prism: light the way, so now im probably going to be way too interested in this to finish something else.
cry.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ahh im having a case of
no good games to play
the other syndrome, with so many games to choose from.
plus, StarCraft 2 is making time gooooo sooooo ssssssllllllllooooooowwwwwww
so is kingdom hearts
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rarely finish games even back when I was buying them. For me, the whole "never finish a game" thing really started with the Sega Genesis. (long story.....don't wish to get into it)

I've been a gamer since before video games filled the arcades, let alone homes, so there isn't much that impresses me anymore. If I finish a game these days it was because I felt the game was good enough to warrant my continued efforts to play it, I actually wanted to see what was gonna happen next. Very few games made nowadays are good enough to keep me interested all the way through. They require too much micro-management and fiddling around in menus and not enough action. Or the game is practically impossible to complete with either an insane difficulty or by being forced to look up a walk-through just to figure out some obscure tidbit in the game to progress. That just annoys me to no end.

Don't get me wrong, I still finish the occasional game here and there, but it's a small percentage of them.

I think it has a lot to do with games that were made out of pure love for games as opposed to games that were made to fill some obligation or deadline. When a lot of love, character and attention to detail goes into a game, it will almost always be a game worth playing. Very few games are made out of the pure love for games these days. Most all of them were spit out on tight schedules or to fill some obligation or to try to cash in on the latest fad in games.

Back in the day, things weren't as "hurry-up-rush-rush-it-has-to-be-like-this-sequel-sequel-sequel" like it is now. Game designers weren't afraid to explore new territory and made a game THEY thought was fun, not just using someone else's game engine and spewing out another cookie-cutter game that they figure is guaranteed to sell because the last dozen games that used that engine sold well.

Piracy has nothing to do with it. I pirated many games on the old Commodore 64 way back when and played most of those games to death. I'll play a FUN game all the way through. Once it stops being FUN, I stop playing and move on to something else to find some FUN. And there seems to be a lack of FUN in games these days.

Or maybe all that stuff I just typed is crap and I'm just getting old (39) and I'm just not as interested in games like I used to be. Maybe a combination of both.....

Citric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've found this whenever I have a massive backlog of games. You start one, see another sitting there, and then start that, jumping between the different titles until you're an hour into everything and really progressing in nothing.

So basically, I pick a game or two (one portable, one not, generally), and then I ride that pony until it's done. Then, I pick the next one. I've found it's much more rewarding to actually finish a game, since most good ones tend to improve as they go (except the final area usually isn't great). Finished four games so far since I implemented this strategy a month ago. Which beats finishing two games total in a year like before. It's annoying to see some good stuff sitting there unplayed, but then again, I know that when I get to it I'll enjoy it more than I would otherwise.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno, i had the same syndrome but I believe it is because non of the game I played could not get me hooked. I got Phoenix Wright recently, and I am on my way through, even planned to finish all 3 of them. Having got 25+ of games in 2 cards that I have yet to finish but I guess, I just haven't got the right games?

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't just exist for video games. I, and many others, suffer from this in book form as well. I've been reading the Dune book series this entire year, and I'm only on book 10. I've recently been spending more time with the Zombie Survival Guide and Starship Troopers.

With video games I think it's just that I have too many and not enough free time. My game time is split between my DS my 360 and my WoW. I'm sure if I only had a DS I would tear though games in no time.

shred6waves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I think it has a lot to do with games that were made out of pure love for games as opposed to games that were made to fill some obligation or deadline. When a lot of love, character and attention to detail goes into a game, it will almost always be a game worth playing. Very few games are made out of the pure love for games these days. Most all of them were spit out on tight schedules or to fill some obligation or to try to cash in on the latest fad in games. "

this brings me to another topic, people ALWAYS complain when a games release date is pushed back.
but those are always (or most of the time) the games that are WORTH playing.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I only put games that I always replay on my R4, quick ones I can pick up and play [mostly mahjong and puzzle games],
multi-player ones (especially Download Play ones) [Clubhouse Games, Quickspot, Ouendan, etc.]
and one of those I plan to finish and I can't wait (or have been waiting for).

That way I get to finish that one game and also play other games as a break or something from time to time.

I also make it a point to buy a game if I really enjoy it.
(which is maybe 80% of my DS games, that I've tried out as a ROM first then decided to buy. (I have around 70+ DS games))...
I've had a lot of games I've beaten already on my flash cart then buy after lol. (Etrian Odyssey, Rocket Slime, Puzzle Quest, etc. lol)

I suffered through this "syndrome" during Super Famicom floppy copier and PSX Hong Kong discs though... lol I couldn't afford all the games I wanted too during those times.

So that's my strategy, one game you actually plan to play and others games that are just pick up and play types (there are a lot for the DS lol).

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just use a smaller Micro SD card.

I use a 512MB Kingston Micro SD and I can fit like 4 Games (32-128MB each) and some MP3's. That way i finish games before removing them and putting a different game on.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: