• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

On this day 78 years ago, the atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, ending the war

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
This is an atrocity that has caused thousands of innocent lives to perish under the flash of light. Even though the perpetrators were the victors, this act should be condemned and we should strive to never have those acts of mass destruction ever again.
At the same time this happened the Japanese were torturing and murdering people on mass, they also enslaved millions, raped a huge amount of women, and they did choose to start their war on there own free will by bombing pearl harbour and killing many Americans. They were cruel people, ask any prisoner of war survivor that was captured and then enslaved by them!
TBH they (the Japanese) were lucky that the USA stopped on only 2 bombs as the reality is that they could have dropped many more if they had wanted. If you play with fire, you should expect to be burned.
As for the Actual bombs, well if probably saved more lives than it took and it certainly ended the war very quickly, every cloud has a silver lining.

*Mod Note: Let’s not use derogatory terms to refer to the Japanese, the war is over. ~Foxi4

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: stanna

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At the same time this happened the Japanese were torturing and murdering people on mass, they also enslaved millions, raped a huge amount of women, and they did choose to start their war on there own free will by bombing pearl harbour and killing many Americans. They were cruel people, ask any prisoner of war survivor that was captured and then enslaved by them!
TBH they (the Japanese) were lucky that the USA stopped on only 2 bombs as the reality is that they could have dropped many more if they had wanted. If you play with fire, you should expect to be burned.
As for the Actual bombs, well if probably saved more lives than it took and it certainly ended the war very quickly, every cloud has a silver lining.

*Mod Note: Let’s not use derogatory terms to refer to the Japanese, the war is over. ~Foxi4

The military had honorable servicemen who believed in their plight, too. I can't know that ratio, as we hear about bad things more than we do of good. Japanese civilians had a modest way of life. If you want to kill people from another country, dehumanizing them is kind of a necessary passage to get there.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP

The civilians are no to blame for their ruling regime decisions, especially when that regime was an empire.
This should be common sense.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I personally disagree with the nature of sanctions. They demonstrate a cold disinterest in civilians. If the ruling class could target another ruling class, the whole world would be better off. I don't see why civilians need to be leverage.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a question about an analogy in tactics, yes? that's possible isn't it, war crimes being perpetrated at different times in history but sharing the same criminal behaviour?
I just can't take the left seriously anymore when they start spouting off about war crimes. You guys screamed for 8 solid years about Bush/Cheney and how they should be tried for war crimes. Then when Obama got elected, not a peep since. You guys just like to accuse people you don't like of war crimes. Once they are out of office or the war you are crying about stops, you move along to the next outrage of the day.
Post automatically merged:

I personally disagree with the nature of sanctions. They demonstrate a cold disinterest in civilians. If the ruling class could target another ruling class, the whole world would be better off. I don't see why civilians need to be leverage.
Civilians are the majority of any country. The ruling class spends their time dividing the population so we fight amongst ourselves and never focus on them. The ruling class will never target itself. They just start wars for their own enrichment while they send the civilians to go fight and die for their profits. Wars also have the added benefit of mentally/emotionally damaging the most productive citizens of a country which makes us pharmaceutical slaves. This has become so obvious over the last 25+ years of endless wars. People need to start waking up really soon.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just can't take the left seriously anymore when they start spouting off about war crimes. You guys screamed for 8 solid years about Bush/Cheney and how they should be tried for war crimes. Then when Obama got elected, not a peep since. You guys just like to accuse people you don't like of war crimes. Once they are out of office or the war you are crying about stops, you move along to the next outrage of the day.

Civilians are the majority of any country. The ruling class spends their time dividing the population so we fight amongst ourselves and never focus on them. The ruling class will never target itself. They just start wars for their own enrichment while they send the civilians to go fight and die for their profits. Wars also have the added benefit of mentally/emotionally damaging the most productive citizens of a country which makes us pharmaceutical slaves. This has become so obvious over the last 25+ years of endless wars. People need to start waking up really soon.
The nuance I meant to emphasize is that a ruling class of one country doesn't specifically target the ruling class of another. If they are the same ruling class, then I double down on rejecting sanctions.

I don't think real leftists would enable America policing the world. I can't call those people leftists. They are nationalists looking for something to be the target of their anger, but intent on keeping their state alive.

Last edited by tabzer,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think real leftists would enable America policing the world. I can't call those people leftists. They are nationalists looking for something to be the target of their anger, but intent on keeping their state alive.
Leftists have become the new war mongers. Which is so weird after more than 50 years of being anti-war. Considering that at least on this forum, it's doubtful any of them have ever been in a combat zone. From personal experience, it's not something I would wish on anybody. I'm looking forward to one of the resident leftists to come tell me that I'm wrong and I'm a Putin apologist. We all know it's coming. They just can't help themselves.

Leftists are not nationalists. Most are white globalists who could care less that the US has been bombing and killing brown children for over 2 decades.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Leftists have become the new war mongers. Which is so weird after more than 50 years of being anti-war. Considering that at least on this forum, it's doubtful any of them have ever been in a combat zone. From personal experience, it's not something I would wish on anybody. I'm looking forward to one of the resident leftists to come tell me that I'm wrong and I'm a Putin apologist. We all know it's coming. They just can't help themselves.

I don't think that's true. There is an overlap between people who don't want war and people who shill for their party of choice. The people who are anti-war are anti-war, period. The people who subscribe to a party are only anti-war when it is convenient for their party. The action and the intention do not match for those people. Ergo, not actual leftists. There's a reason that the NPC meme is potent. But it is also a mistake to assume that NPCs only exist of one party.

Edit**: By nationalists, I mean that they are supporters of their nation being an authority. Trump definitely has a different vision for his nationalism, and I do think it is a "more honest" form because it admits to being nationalistic. I don't support the idea of centralized governments and would prefer to see people living and operating more locally, focusing on immediate community.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: TraderPatTX

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's true. There is an overlap between people who don't want war and people who shill for their party of choice. The people who are anti-war are anti-war, period. The people who subscribe to a party are only anti-war when it is convenient for their party. The action and the intention do not match for those people. Ergo, not actual leftists. There's a reason that the NPC meme is potent. But it is also a mistake to assume that NPCs only exist of one party.

Edit**: By nationalists, I mean that they are supporters of their nation being an authority. Trump definitely has a different vision for his nationalism, and I do think it is a "more honest" form because it admits to being nationalistic. I don't support the idea of centralized governments and would prefer to see people living and operating more locally, focusing on immediate community.
Look no further than the war in Ukraine. The right is vehemently against it by supermajorities. The left on the other hand, have no problems sending hundreds of billions of dollars while at the same time decrying the size of the DoD budget for decades. What budget do they think the weapons being sent comes from?

I'll admit, my views have changed, but only after I experienced being in a warzone. The fact that it was an unjust war built upon lies made the experience even worse.

The only people who are pro-war escalation in Ukraine are leftists citizens because that's what the media tells them to do and the uniparty who make money through the military industrial complex.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The civilians are no to blame for their ruling regime decisions, especially when that regime was an empire.
This should be common sense.
When politicians from countries start fighting other politicians from other countries with weapons instead of expecting civillians to make weapons and be called upon do do the fighting for wars in which they (the politicians) started, you may have a valid point - however until that happens (which it never will), the innocent will continue to pay for politicians bad decisions with their blood, sanity, youth, innocence, wealth etc.

Usually the rich will start the wars, benefit from them and fleece the population - much like what is going on in the world today. How many billions has the western taxpayer given Ukraine (a non NATO member) in the last couple of years? did you benefit at all from this or did those with share in the arms companies, such as your corrupt politicians benefit?

The bombs that brought an end to the Pacific war were justly deserved by the coutry that recieved them, you can't poke a bear with a stick and then expect it to just roll over. When it bites you back you had at coming and deserved everything you got and you shouldn't expect any sympathy because you will not get any from that bear you poked.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Did you just wake up and started projecting?

And are you denying that Cheney and Bush started a 20 year "war" that costed trillions for nothing?

At least Obama got Osama.

The right is vehemently against it by supermajorities. The left on the other hand, have no problems sending hundreds of billions of dollars

Clarification: the right is all for Putin to annex illegally a country and genocide its people while the left wants to empower the locals to fight the new Soviet Union. Because the right is largely made of Putin cucks that somehow think he's an amazing leader while he famished the population and let the oligarchs get fat.

Good lord the right is all NPCs I swear.

Where's that brainless thread defender? This is clearly a massive off topic and yet I don't see any stupid trolling around with "Where's the point blah blah blah"

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When politicians from countries start fighting other politicians from other countries with weapons instead of expecting civillians to make weapons and be called upon do do the fighting for wars in which they (the politicians) started, you may have a valid point - however until that happens (which it never will), the innocent will continue to pay for politicians bad decisions with their blood, sanity, youth, innocence, wealth etc.

Can you explain this more? It seems like you are suggesting that the civilians should shoulder the burden of war wrought by their local mafias until they take responsibility and stand up against them. Are you suggesting that the loss of civilian lives is just collateral damage?

Did you just wake up and started projecting?

And are you denying that Cheney and Bush started a 20 year "war" that costed trillions for nothing?

At least Obama got Osama.

If you are aware of his position, at all, you'd understand that he dislikes them too. Are you even trying? Generally, Trump supporters disapprove of Bush and Obama. That's where I agree with them.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Can you explain this more? It seems like you are suggesting that the civilians should shoulder the burden of war wrought by their local mafias until they take responsibility and stand up against them. Are you suggesting that the loss of civilian lives is just collateral damage?

If you are aware of his position, at all, you'd understand that he dislikes them too. Are you even trying? Generally, Trump supporters disapprove of Bush and Obama. That's where I agree with them.
I am suggesting politicians should resolve their differences without resorting to war, most western wars since WW2 have been about making money for the rich and for making those with shares in companies that benefit from wars make more money. These people that send you and me off to war don't care if we survive or not and will happily send us of to the meat grinder if they can make some cash from it or gain some political advantage.

As we are talking about the Pacific war, lets no derail the thread though - if you want to start another thread about war though feel free. As for 2 nukes being dropped on Japan in 1945 - they deserverd everything they got and I have zero sympathy for them.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am suggesting politicians should resolve their differences without resorting to war, most western wars since WW2 have been about making money for the rich and for making those with shares in companies that benefit from wars make more money. These people that send you and me off to war don't care if we survive or not and will happily send us of to the meat grinder if they can make some cash from it or gain some political advantage.

As we are talking about the Pacific war, lets no derail the thread though - if you want to start another thread about war though feel free. As for 2 nukes being dropped on Japan in 1945 - they deserverd everything they got and I have zero sympathy for them.

Thank you for clarifying the point that you feel that civilians deserved death for the action of their overlords.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thank you for clarifying the point that you feel that civilians deserved death for the action of their overlords.
It certainly made those overlords take notice, it just a pity the overlords weren't in the vicinity when the bombs exploded as the world would have been a better place without them existing anymore.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
just a pity the overlords weren't in the vicinity when the bombs exploded as the world would have been a better place without them existing anymore.

That's exactly my point of how it missed justice. See, I don't understand how you would throw civilian lives under the bus just for overlords to "take notice". It communicates to me that you do not value human life, but a type of supremacy.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That's exactly my point of how it missed justice. See, I don't understand how you would throw civilian lives under the bus just for overlords to "take notice". It communicates to me that you do not value human life, but a type of supremacy.
You can think whatever you want dude, those "overlords" knew that there would be consequences for their action and yet they invaded Austrailia, China and many others, they Bombed USA, ensalved, murdered, and carried out numereous crimes against humantiy. If they though they were just going to get away with it - well they guessed wrong. Any civillian with a brain knew that when your country declares war on other countries that you need to accept that your millitary is going to be killing other people and many civilians will suffer or will die in the process. Like I said earlier - if you poke a bear with a stick, don't start bitching when it retaliates back and bites your face off.

Last edited by mrdude,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can think whatever you want dude, those "overlords" knew that there would be consequences for their action and yet they invaded Austrailia, China and many others, they Bombed USA, ensalved, murdered, and carried out numoreous crimes against humantiy. If they though they were just going to get away with it - well they guessed wrong. Any civillian with a brain knew that when your country declares war on other countries that you need to accept that you millitary is going to be killing other people and many civilians will suffer or will die in the process. Like I said earlier - if you poke a bear with a stick, don't start bitching when it retaliates back and bites your face off.

As much as I appreciate your permission, I really didn't need it. I am just trying to understand what it is that you support. You are communicating that civilian lives are worth the "sacrifice". So what is that for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth +1