Hacking On flashing a DS Lite

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know what. Whatever way you put it in, it wont work initially. Just shove your tool in any way it will fit, and wiggle it about. I simply spin the tool around, making contact with the S1, till the percentages rise, then try and hold this position.

I think you want to use the tool "I" way, but honestly, you may find a spot that works where your tool is "-" way, so its sort of luck.

If you use foil you can find the contact right away. Unless the toothpick is also insulated wiggling it around would be a bad idea.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
First and foremost, thank you all for your comments - I'm happy to see that so many people have successfully flashed their consoles after following my guide
biggrin.gif
Secondly, sorry for not paying more attention to my thread
shy.gif

sorry if this is already answered... but is there a noflashme for DS-Lite yet? and will there ever be one?

AFAIK, people are still using the present noflashme to unflash their Lites'.

I look at the tool you created and wounder how you use it.. (http://www.megaworm.com/4image/data/tmp_media/toothpick1.JPG)

It's shaped like a "I", and if "(I)" is SL1, do you use your tool this way "I" or "-" way?

Hopefully you'll understand what I mean
smile.gif
I am also confused about this. Do you insert the toothpick into the hole between the two semicircles and wiggle it until it connects, or do you just put the toothpick horizontally so that it contacts both semicircles on the top?
What I do is hold the toothpick diagonally so that it touches two corners of the hole, like this [/] or this [\].

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I will ask again just to see if I got it right (I read all the posts):

I must gently touch my tool (wraped) in the top of the two semi-circles, uniting them, or I must force my tool in the bottom of the gap between the two semi-circles?

Question No.2) The only functionality diference between play a flashed DS and play a DS using a passcard 3 (for eg.), is that the flashed unit consumes less battery and don't have sleep mode? If so, I can just leave any DS original game in the DS Slot, or it would consumes more battery life again (as a passcard)?

And great guide, I just need to know the first question to feel 100% confident. :-D

monkeyroms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I will ask again just to see if I got it right (I read all the posts):

I must gently touch my tool (wraped) in the top of the two semi-circles, uniting them, or I must force my tool in the bottom of the gap between the two semi-circles?

Question No.2) The only functionality diference between play a flashed DS and play a DS using a passcard 3 (for eg.), is that the flashed unit consumes less battery and don't have sleep mode? If so, I can just leave any DS original game in the DS Slot, or it would consumes more battery life again (as a passcard)?

And great guide, I just need to know the first question to feel 100% confident. :-D

1) Yes, you must gently touch *snicker* your wrapped tool......aaaah, can't do it. You have to bridge the two semicircles, so yes, you want to touch the surface facing of each at the same time, not go between them.

2) Most people seem to agree that having a passcard in all the time will drain the battery more. And I believe the sleep mode functions fine as long as you keep a retail DS cart in the slot when you want to put the system to sleep.

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First and foremost, thank you all for your comments - I'm happy to see that so many people have successfully flashed their consoles after following my guide
biggrin.gif
Secondly, sorry for not paying more attention to my thread
shy.gif

sorry if this is already answered... but is there a noflashme for DS-Lite yet? and will there ever be one?
AFAIK, people are still using the present noflashme to unflash their Lites'.

I've heard that EUR lites have a different pictochat. If you use noflashme the DS works ok but pictochat crashes.

Flashed my lite successfully last night.
biggrin.gif

Used a tool for opening CD drawers wrapped in foil with selotape round for insulation. Progress rose to 100% in about 10 seconds without any break in contact. Don't know what I was worried about.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Guide has been updated now that I've used NoFlashMe myself on a Lite (EU) - which caused PictoChat and all the options to crash (tap them and you get white screens).

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't have to replace the whole console if you run noflashme; you just have to reflash it, then all the options work again
smile.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You shouldn't have to replace the whole console if you run noflashme; you just have to reflash it, then all the options work again
smile.gif
There was one more problem though: the touch-screen broke after the first flash - couldn't use it at all
smile.gif
That's why we had to replace it and thus needed to uninstall FlashMe.

loash

Trophies
XP
Country
successful flasher here, used toothpic + scotch tape. i feel stupid though cause i spent like 20 minutes just making the tool. damn thing wouldn't fit inside the hole, lol

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Good news everyone! All the images are finally back online, sorry for the long wait
smile.gif

Edit: Links to FlashMe V7, Stealth and NoFlashMe has been reactivated as well!

fr3kazoid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good news everyone! All the images are finally back online, sorry for the long wait
smile.gif

Edit: Links to FlashMe V7, Stealth and NoFlashMe has been reactivated as well!

Are the files in your zip the same as the ones on GBATemp? I only ask because the file names are different and GBATemp only has the release dates, not the version number.

rant

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
The gbatemp flashme file is the correct one for DS lite. I just flashed my black DS lite successfully with that file. The hardest part for me too was making the toothpick + tinfoil tool small enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow