On console patcher for rom hacks (or just a hshop alternative for rom hacks)

Twisted_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that getting rom hacks for different games is a little bit of a hassle, so I was thinking what if there was something like universal downloader but for rom hacks (and it will be a vc inject when installed). I have no coding experience so I just wanted to see if this was possible.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that getting rom hacks for different games is a little bit of a hassle, so I was thinking what if there was something like universal downloader but for rom hacks (and it will be a vc inject when installed). I have no coding experience so I just wanted to see if this was possible.
On a technical level probably? But there are basically no tools like that that exist in the slightest and would have to be made from scratch.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you have Luma installed, it is very much possible to create an auto-patcher, by dumping an already installed (or cartridge) game's code, patching it, and placing it into the appropriate Luma folder on the SDCard, which will effectively patch the game without actually having to reinstall it (or in the case of the cartridge, it makes it possible to patch cartridge games).

It should be really trivial for a beginner homebrew developer to actually make this.

Twisted_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Luma installed, it is very much possible to create an auto-patcher, by dumping an already installed (or cartridge) game's code, patching it, and placing it into the appropriate Luma folder on the SDCard, which will effectively patch the game without actually having to reinstall it (or in the case of the cartridge, it makes it possible to patch cartridge games).

It should be really trivial for a beginner homebrew developer to actually make this.
Ok, if thats a thing then what about a software like Universal Downloader but for specifically rom hacks and a built in patcher. I want to know how realistic it would be for someone to make this.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok, if thats a thing then what about a software like Universal Downloader but for specifically rom hacks and a built in patcher. I want to know how realistic it would be for someone to make this.

It is possible, but it's weird to have both combined, considering you need to install the game anyway to be able to use Luma's patching capabilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol