omgomgomgomg I think I'm getting a DSi XXXXL!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Dunno if many of you remember, but I made a thread similar to this one last year. I had put up my DS Lite + Cyclo for sale on craigslist and one asshole guy responded. He said he was interested and that he would come over to pick it up. He never did. Calls me again in a week, tells me he's coming to pick it up. Never did. Calls me again the next day. Repeat. So in the end, I literally told him to fuck off, and I tossed the idea away, convinced that I'd just have to be stuck with my DS Lite.

Fast forward to a few days ago. Ever since the DSi XL was announced, I've really, really wanted one. It's perfect for me! So I decided to try my luck again and put my DS on the market.

This is kinda crazy, but last night at 4AM, there was an earthquake here in California. It was a 4.4, not too big, but it sure scared the shit outta me. But what do you know? After I woke up from the earthquake, I get a text from a guy asking if I'm still selling my DS Lite, and that he wants to come pick it up TODAY at 4:30PM! I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I can't help but to be to excited. I just hope the M3i Zero I have is compatible with it.

Oh, btw, I sold my DS Lite (had it for 2 and a half years, heavy use, L and R buttons only work half of the time), CycloDS, and 8GB microSDHC for 140 bucks. That doesn't sound too overpriced to me, but I know I wouldnt have gotten that price for it here in temp.

If all goes as planned, I'll be getting my nice Burgandy DSi XL by the end of the month.
dsi-xl.jpg

What's nice is that I have Amazon Prime, which means apart from not paying tax on it, I get it in 2 business days or less. Granted, I'll also have to buy screen protectors and a microSD, but I'll be getting all this for roughly 60 bucks.

Crazyninjaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrismas1forums.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
I got one on release day, and i gotta say, it's so worth it
biggrin.gif

I didnt get a DSi because i knew the XL was coming out.
Sure people say "Bigger screens? Meh" but you can see so much more detail.
Plus, movies are a lot better on the big screens
biggrin.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, the bigger screens are the main draw for me. I always complained that the screens in the DS were way too damn small. Plus, there's also the much better d-pad and speakers, DSiWare, etc.

Crazyninjaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrismas1forums.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
Yeah that's one thing about DSiWare, it'll only work on the DSi that you downloaded it on
frown.gif

@War, the D-Pad is great yeah, but its noisy
tongue.gif

And the speakers can go reallly loud lol, much louder than the Lite.

Overall, i'd say my best console purchase so far ^.^

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nice. I rather stick with my DSL although - my main complaint for the fat/phat was that it was too clunky for my tiny hands. (In fact, I'm looking to purchases one of the the fat/phats just for the Wifi capabilities - I can transfer Pokemon!)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Arctic said:
In Canada you can trade in a DS Lite for $115, so getting a DSi XL only costs $85.
biggrin.gif
Erm... are you sure about that? A brand new DS Lite costs 129.99... seems a bit strange that they'd only take 15 bucks off for a used one, especially if they're planning on making a profit.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to write up what you think about it after you get it. My possibly beef with it is the size. While I'm all for the extra screen, I'm just not sure if I can play the same way with a larger handheld.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sonicslasher said:
You'll have to write up what you think about it after you get it. My possibly beef with it is the size. While I'm all for the extra screen, I'm just not sure if I can play the same way with a larger handheld.
Yeah, I'm not concerned so much about the size itself, but more about both the size and weight of it. I remember the Phat used to tire me out after a while 'cause it was a goddamn brick. Hopefully the XL won't disappoint.

If I do get it, I will definitely put together a little write-up, and I may even do an unboxing.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Seen a DSi XL and was surprised by the sheer scale of those screens, how they managed to stop the games looking more pixelly than a bad mobile phone camera picture blown up to large proportions I don't know.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Dammit, and I just HAD to go and buy that DSi a year ago.
Heh, you know what's funny? If that first guy that wanted to buy my DS Lite last year had actually purchased it, I would have bought a DSi. I guess everything happens for a reason. :yaydsixl:

But really, the DSi isn't bad. It just comes down to whether you prefer playing at home vs. on the bus, train, etc. DSiXL seems like more of a at home thing.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats cool. I wouldn't mind upgrading. But the part about the earthquake was so left field. It seems someone still hasn't gotten use to LA! hahah. I sleeped through that baby. But apparently some of the stuff back at my house got smashed. I live about a mile from the center of the quake.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Crazyninjaguy said:
I got one on release day, and i gotta say, it's so worth it
biggrin.gif

I didnt get a DSi because i knew the XL was coming out.
Sure people say "Bigger screens? Meh" but you can see so much more detail.
Plus, movies are a lot better on the big screens
biggrin.gif

There is no more detail, its the same resolution, the only thing is its quite a bit bigger.

D

Deleted_171835

Awesome! The DSi XL looks great, especially with those humongous screens. Advance Wars will be much easier!

I'm thinking of trading in my DSi at EBGames (the deal Arctic mentioned) for a DSi XL. It'll only cost $28, then!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No that's his normal twin +1