engruzii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Here's a trailer for this amazing game too bad it's a cam vid. but man i can't believe that this is a DS game
blink.gif

Nothing & i mean NOTHING can beat this game on DS & i think it'll be the best game on 2009
yaynds.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, after such a long time developing....I would be disappointed if they did anything less than a perfect game.....And this looks amazing.......

I agree that it could possibly be the biggest and prettiest game on DS..

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks nice but from what I can gather in the trailer, it's got that same old "PUSH BUTTON. ATTACK. WAIT. ENEMY ATTACK. WAIT". Hope this isn't the case.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Harsky said:
from what I can gather in the trailer, it's got that same old "PUSH BUTTON. ATTACK. WAIT. ENEMY ATTACK. WAIT"
And rightly so, it wouldn't be DQ without it imo.

If you watch the older promo video it only shows real time battles. Since then Enix issued a vote in famitsu as to what battle style people would prefer to see, i think the majority vote went for oldschool turn based battles. And from watching that video and seeing the latest screens on gpara, it looks like they ditched the real time battles and went with what the fans wanted. Although i guess there could be a mix of both styles within the game, but as usual Enix have been tight lipped over all the info.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Triforce said:
Harsky said:
from what I can gather in the trailer, it's got that same old "PUSH BUTTON. ATTACK. WAIT. ENEMY ATTACK. WAIT"
And rightly so, it wouldn't be DQ without it imo.

If you watch the older promo video it only shows real time battles. Since then Enix issued a vote in famitsu as to what battle style people would prefer to see, i think the majority vote went for oldschool turn based battles. And from watching that video and seeing the latest screens on gpara, it looks like they ditched the real time battles and went with what the fans wanted. Although i guess there could be a mix of both styles within the game, but as usual Enix have been tight lipped over all the info.
Yeah, I was wondering what happened to the real-time battles. I love DQ turn based, the way it always was. Multiplayer DQ FTW. But how would a Single Player campaign work?

Regardless, this is gonna be one hell of a game.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome customization! And I really hope they add something to the turn-based battles... maybe a realtime/turnbased thing like from Eternal Sonata for 360... that game did action turn-based really nicely.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
worried about the d-pad though. dq joker was terrible. its more of the ds lites fault you can't do diagonals smoothly and constantly. if the dsi fix this im so getting it. but looks the same.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Batman55 said:
Awesome customization! And I really hope they add something to the turn-based battles... maybe a realtime/turnbased thing like from Eternal Sonata for 360... that game did action turn-based really nicely.

Doubt it. Dragon Quest is an institution (did you catch the 8-bit sound effects in the trailer? They were taken out of the Western releases of DQ8, but are still very much present in the Japanese version. Saying Japanese society as a whole values customs very strongly maybe a bit too much, but people have expectations about how a main series Dragon Quest game is designed, looks, plays, and even sounds. I doubt an entry in the main series is going to deviate from that very much (the real time battles even got taken out).

QUOTE(Mei-o @ Oct 10 2008, 12:10 PM) Just another turn-based RPG I'm guessing, only prettier by DS standards.

Tch! Have you never played a main series Dragon Quest game? Yes, the battles are turn based and are somewhat simplistic (I say this as a guy who's favorite genre is complex simulation RPGs like like Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics). However, There is a charm in Dragon Quest that is really unparalleled, especially since Level 5 took over the graphics. The story telling is simple, but also truly heart warming. Getting bits and pieces of the hero's back story in 8, or walking through an Torode's castle with him, or stumbling on a new kind of monster and having it do some cute or bizarre attack on your party - that is the heart of Dragon Quest and makes it far more than "just another turn-based RPG."

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Calm down....Dragon Quest may not be just an RPG to you, but its still just a game..

I never really got into the series. Maybe it's not dramatic enough. then again i never really played any THAT long. (however it's the game to blame)

This, however, looks really promising. It's on my list fo sho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over