Olympics Discussion Thread

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I am marking for China, Philippines and Russia.

Anyone amazed by Li Ning's cauldron lighting? Never expected that. Now London has to top that in 2012.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
graeme_85 said:
Satangel said:
Gman 101 said:
Anybody watching the opening ceremony? It's FUCKING AWESOME! As a Chinese person, I'm so proud of this... *tear*

Yeah, WTF!
I'm really impressed by the opening ceremony, especially the fireworks and how the fuck did they do that thing with the Olympic Rings?

Yer the olympic rings thing was class. Gotta say I was impressed with the part where those guys in the boxes were lifting and lowering them into diferent shapes as well, especially the wave they did for a while.

Yeah, me too!
I first thought it was with air, but then those Chinese guys came out and I was like 'WTF?!'
How could they know when to lower and higher their block so precise?
I'm really impressed by this, it really is exactly like I imagined the Chinese Olympic Games and more.

I liked the characters they showed with the blocks, while at the same time being fucking freaked out by people coming out of the blocks! The commentators on TV said that it was all done by elevators... oh how wrong they were!

During the singing with Sarah Brightman, the only Mandarin I could understand was ???, which means me and you. This theme of togetherness was quite prevalent and important.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
I shat bricks when he went into the air and then suddenly dropped down. I thought he was so going to fall.

Also since I am wapanese like most tempers i obviously support Japan in the games.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gus122000 said:
I shat bricks when he went into the air and then suddenly dropped down. I thought he was so going to fall.

Also since I am wapanese like most tempers i obviously support Japan in the games.

I'm a minority! Yay!

I'm supporting both China and Australia, although, I'd support Australia if China got knocked out or something.

serginsurge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
msnbc is ruining the olympics in the US, their not broadcasting anything live and all they show is events the US is likely to win, there are way too many commercials. I know its the US and I'm happy when they win but its the olympics I also want to see other countries playing different sports, in Brasil I remember when the olympics where on they showed many different countries even if Brasil wasn't participating in the event, this morning they also put commercials on during a soccer game every 15 minutes. I used to enjoy watching the olympics but now I'm getting tire of seeing the same sports and the same country everyday.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
serginsurge said:
msnbc is ruining the olympics in the US, their not broadcasting anything live and all they show is events the US is likely to win, there are way too many commercials. I know its the US and I'm happy when they win but its the olympics I also want to see other countries playing different sports, in Brasil I remember when the olympics where on they showed many different countries even if Brasil wasn't participating in the event, this morning they also put commercials on during a soccer game every 15 minutes. I used to enjoy watching the olympics but now I'm getting tire of seeing the same sports and the same country everyday.

USA network does have it live, starting at 2am EST, and they show many events

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...