Review [OLD] Slot-1 Flashcards Comparison Chart

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
my friend in china has tested supercard ds and r4 and he says supercard plays about 70% of all ds roms and battery of ds lasts 3 hrs.
r4 plays 100% of ds roms and battery lasts 11 hrs.

so choice is easy for me, why wait for updates with supercard when r4 is already perfect. i bet it is sold out fast

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm thinking about an R4 or EZ5 now. Been waiting patiently for the reviews but I doubt they're gonna appear until the fourth batch of DS-X ships. (Supposed to be on the 26th ?) The delay with the reviews is only benefiting the DS-X.
dry.gif

The list still claims that Download play on the DS-X is "all situations", when a simple glance at the compatability list shows it's far from perfect!

The truth about the DS-X.

Still the Acekard is the only cart with 100% compatabilty.
unsure.gif

Maybe I'll wait a little longer for the true winner to show itself.
cool.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my friend in china has tested supercard ds and r4 and he says supercard plays about 70% of all ds roms and battery of ds lasts 3 hrs.

so choice is easy for me, why wait for updates with supercard when r4 is already perfect. i bet it is sold out fast
This sounds impossible, what on earth could be in the supercard ds that would
make it eat up such battery life? This sounds like the B.S with the SC M3 battery
life witch turned out to be fake. Whenever there are new cards there is always
crazy stories, & remember when reading peoples clame's. It takes nothing for these
manufactures to post as a regular user here, & make outrages clame's about there cards.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I'm thinking about an R4 or EZ5 now. Been waiting patiently for the reviews but I doubt they're gonna appear until the fourth batch of DS-X ships. (Supposed to be on the 26th ?) The delay with the reviews is only benefiting the DS-X.Â
dry.gif
Â

The list still claims that Download play on the DS-X is "all situations", when a simple glance at the compatability list shows it's far from perfect!

The truth about the DS-X.

Still the Acekard is the only cart with 100% compatabilty.Â
unsure.gif

Maybe I'll wait a little longer for the true winner to show itself.Â
cool.gif
wow, it seams that the DS-X isn't as good as said it would be, imo the R4 DS is the best for now, y'all will just have to wait untill the M3 simply comes out to make a final oppinion.

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country

I remember when I was told that flashed DS Phat has about 7:45 hours with an M3 SD Slim around the time I bought it. 3:15 is more like it. People obviously can't count.

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
wow, it seams that the DS-X isn't as good as said it would be, imo the R4 DS is the best for now, y'all will just have to wait untill the M3 simply comes out to make a final oppinion.

You are a funny character. At first you were pimping Ninja-something and bashing DSXtreme and at the same time barking orders at Costello for his review score. Generallly you were being very annoying and spewing out the same message in every post.

Now, you're still bashing the DS-X, but now triyng to pimp the R4 and talking about the M3. You're still barking out orders by asking 'y'all' to wait for the m3 to be released. Perhaps you should take your own advice and quit spewing out worthless opinions about linkers you know nothing about. The information is there for you to read, we can all make up on own opinions without have to constantly post them in here.

If you have anything informative to say, then that's great otherwise save me some bandwidth.

Ok, my rant is now over.

Hi everyone! Been lurking since 2002, just now decided to post something.
smile.gif

abr

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very good Comparison chart.

Is it possible to add Supercard Ds One, R4/M3 Simply and EZ-Flash V.
Wait and see !
rolleyes.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

LOL

I play longer with my Supercard DS and the compatibility rate is higher then 70%
To say, my DS Lite has +/- the same play time as my R4/M3 Simply, If you count Download play with it, then compatibility isn't 100% on R4/M3 Simply.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

No need to wait for the M3 Simply
tongue.gif

M3 Simply and R4 are the same card
tongue.gif
, as most ppl already know you can easy turn an M3 simply into a R4 and Vica Versa!

(Just close or open a bridge with your solderiron on the pcb)

Seger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

Nice chart, just wondering cant any1 do a new chart. With all the new slot 1 solutions.
So me and all the new DS owners get a grip of the situation.

Thanks / Seger

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I second that.. PLUS.. I personally would like to see a single wiki, that contained faq's and game compatability lists for all slot 1 devices.. Say you go to allcarts.wiki.com ect... and pick the cart from a list and get all the faq's latest rom updates. patches ect... and a game compatability list of that cart... I know some people have more than one solution they own. and having all that info in one place would be great.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

You are a funny character. At first you were pimping Ninja-something and bashing DSXtreme and at the same time barking orders at Costello for his review score. Generallly you were being very annoying and spewing out the same message in every post.

Now, you're still bashing the DS-X, but now triyng to pimp the R4 and talking about the M3. You're still barking out orders by asking 'y'all' to wait for the m3 to be released. Perhaps you should take your own advice and quit spewing out worthless opinions about linkers you know nothing about. The information is there for you to read, we can all make up on own opinions without have to constantly post them in here.

If you have anything informative to say, then that's great otherwise save me some bandwidth.

Ok, my rant is now over.

Hi everyone! Been lurking since 2002, just now decided to post something.
smile.gif

OMFG, It seems you take some stuff to seriously, I never commanded someone to do anything, I have always thought that 120 bucks for a device with 512 is way to high, even if that device has perfect compatability, imo 512 is just to low so I was pro NinjaDS cause from what I read in the review it had great compatabillity and gave the option to provide your own SD card with memory, because its size was to big imo the MicroNinjaDS was better than a DS-X, cause it was the only sollution whe knew working well with more than 1GB of storage....

If you would read back my posts you could very well see me mentioning a M3 Slot-1 being perfect, but I guess you didn't read all my posts.....
wtf.gif

But lets get back to what I was talking about, As I saw an Unknown brand like R4 getting a great review, I figured it would be the best product for people like me to buy, but it would be more adviseble to wait for the reviews for the M3 simply(which looking at the fact that they both seem to have the same hardware is something unnesisary).

If you figured that was an order, I am sorry, but as I'm no Adolf Hitler, I can't order people so imo nobody would take it as an order.

If anything is an order its the post above me....
takeshi10123
add R4DS to the chart

Skye07

Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you know when the chart will be updated? I mean some slot 1 devices are not on it and I'd like to see a comparison chart between all cards so I can choose one.

e.g. Supercard isn't on the chart yet.

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After some of these SLOT 1 solutions have been updated with new kernal/firmware etc, does this change how they were initially reviewed and their relative scores etc?

I know the SC DSONE is now better after its initial release with new firmware and newer save file data was updated. Would this now prove to be a card worth upgrading to?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Revolutionize said:
BoneMonkey said:
just get a r4ds ppl
Um....wah. An R4.....now. A bit stupid, eh.
unsure.gif
Ok. Seriously. Have you even cared to read the date of what you've quoted?

Also, BoneMonkey was a known troll, around here.

EDIT: Okay, it seems you've realized your error
tongue.gif
Sorry bout it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel