Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uhm I just read this on a Forum:
QUOTE said:
Does anyone have one of these? I got mine about 2 weeks ago and I can only complain about 2 things.

1, it costs almost as much as a DS Lite itself.

2, Theres not too much you can do with 512 MB these days.

Otherwise, its almost perfect IMO. I wish it could support GBA stuff, but it just does NDS stuff so well it almost doesnt matter.
The DS-X (+shipping) costs the same as a DS-Phat :| .
Man I can only advice people to wait lets wait untill those M3 and Supercard and all other slot1 solutions are out.

zon3h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You can buy Superdcard DS allready. Its 60€ or 50$ for USA. Its cheap, and you use a MicroSD for storage, thats better than DS-X
smile.gif
But there is no GBA support so I wont buy it yet.
smile.gif

jono_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when will people learn that slot1s just arnt gonna have GBA support.

really if you think aboot it, you dont need it.
the games i play on GBA are ports of SNES games so when the SNES emus develop i wont need my slot2.

zon3h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
In theory you could run GBA games from Slot 1, same as you could run NDS games from slot 2. You just need a software and firmware patches. How hard is that?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
when will people learn that slot1s just arnt gonna have GBA support.

really if you think aboot it, you dont need it.
the games i play on GBA are ports of SNES games so when the SNES emus develop i wont need my slot2.

We don't need it, because all games you play on the GBA are SNES ports? Hmm
huh.gif

There are many many games for the GBA that don't come from the SNES, like Zelda Minish Cap, Golden Sun 1&2, the Castlevania's, Mario Power Tennis, Advanced Wars, etc...

In theory you could run GBA games from Slot 1, same as you could run NDS games from slot 2. You just need a software and firmware patches. How hard is that?
If you exclude some facts from your theory it will be possible yes. But it will not happen, cause those facts you leave out of the theory will stay. Just agree it will never happen (without the help of a slot2 cartridge, or maybe limited to very small roms that fit in the NDS ram) to stay realistic.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy Superdcard DS allready. [...] But there is no GBA support so I wont buy it yet.
smile.gif

I've ordered the SC.DS to compliment my SC.Lite.
It's actually quite nice to have all DS games on one MicroSD and all the older GB/GBC/GBA/NES/SNES/TG16/SMS & HomeBrew/MP3/TiVo-Videos...etc on the other MicroSD.

I dont like to carry a lot of extra carts around with me... or ANY additional carts, for that matter ...and having everything sorted across a few GB of MicroSD, means that I will not have to connect it to a computer too often - I can just leave the DS in my car mostly.

My biggest gripe is that I cannot find any extended battery solutions for the DS.Lite, as there are many available for the DS.Phat (of which, my old "big-blue" DS.phat somehow found it's way into the parent's house and is now filled with sudoku programs).

anyways, this is what I do - and I just felt like sharing that with everyone
tongue.gif

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
wow controversy.. But what if one just wants the NDS Software and No GBA anything at all? all NDS? Which one would it be better? M3/SuperCard/R4?.

oaktree

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Geee....
You guys here still waiting for G6 slot1?
there's no so-called G6 slot1
As far as I know, the new slot1 flashcart R4 has already sold throughout china.
M3 simply? supercard slot1(supercard ONE)? can anyboby have one in hand??LOL

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Geee....

Congratulations!! Your first post made absolutely no sense at all. Welcome to GBATemp
grog.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Geee....

Look out! It's a Chinamen's Trap! Profits beware.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if one just wants the NDS Software and No GBA anything at all? all NDS? Which one would it be better? M3/SuperCard/R4?.

Kikoshi, i don't think any of the SLOT-1 carts in the list at the top of this discussion does GBA. The other part of your "question?" can be found at the bottom of that list, where is says "Rating", as in "GBAtemp Rating", which means "Rating according to GBAtemp at the time of review".

Just simply look at the list while asking yourself what specifications (of those listed) are most important to you, and then decide what SLOT-1 cart works best for your needs.

I sense a language barrier with your questions, no?

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
what if one just wants the NDS Software and No GBA anything at all? all NDS? Which one would it be better? M3/SuperCard/R4?.

Kikoshi, i don't think any of the SLOT-1 carts in the list at the top of this discussion does GBA. The other part of your "question?" can be found at the bottom of that list, where is says "Rating", as in "GBAtemp Rating", which means "Rating according to GBAtemp at the time of review".

Just simply look at the list while asking yourself what specifications (of those listed) are most important to you, and then decide what SLOT-1 cart works best for your needs.

I sense a language barrier with your questions, no?
He he, Yeah man, you got it right. English isnt my first language thats why, sorry! But thank you for understanding and catching it too
smile.gif
. But no bro, I dont care about GBA emulation since im able to do so in my psp, I'd like a DS-Slot 1 Card thats good in every aspect, even though of course, not everything its 100% perfect, but at least close to it you know? Got any clue which one is a good one? I cant seem to understand what you mean by watching the review, since each one isn't the ones i was talking about though. Sorry, but some expecifications doesnt come with a defition of what they do, and what performance they make. thats why im lost heh X)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!