Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I know. What should I put there though?

3DSHBC.jpg
Something like this or putting homebrew information

Reactions: BurningDesire

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What do you think the tv should show ?
Maybe information regarding the selected game/emulator/homebrew/app ? cover/art? buttons information like we have with Wii U's system settings?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wii+u+demo+kiosk+egmnow.jpg

Offiicial Wii U demo kiosk GUI, I always thought a launcher for Wii U would look like this on gamepad :P
it will be very easy to reproduce :)
we just need someone to make the theme files (buttons design, png, fonts, background, etc.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just curious but when will the voting of the mockups start? Or was it decided in the last videos that's what's being used for loadiine?
About what I said on my previous post :
Dimok started working on the "game icon" automatic generation to looks like the ones in the "2D GUI" video, working on that will benefit any other design.
Icon creation code is done (to generate rounded corners, make it looks inside a glass), but not automatic generation from SD card's meta folder yet. it's done on PC only, not on wiiU side.

To illustrate what can be done now that we have the "generated icons", here is another possible mockup, will be very easy to create
one icon is a single 3D object which can be placed anywhere. So there's no need to have a 2D layer to cover the icon corners and make then round.
having the icons auto-generated allows the mirror effect around them which couldn't be done if we used a flat design.
297749-loadiine_mockup4.jpg

that looks like the official WiiU gamepad interface, but it's easy to use for everyone (kids, etc.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

To illustrate what can be done now that we have the "generated icons", here is another possible mockup, will be very easy to create

that looks like the official WiiU gamepad interface, but it's easy to use for everyone (kids, etc.)
I love it!
After selection an Icon on the Gamepad, then the Game Cover could come up along with two options below it saying "Start" and "Settings" (like that of Wii apps when you select them), and at the right side of the cover just the game's info, to make it as simplistic as possible.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, we still have to decide the interface too.
either the game info on the other display (TV) which can be swapped to gamepad anytime, either a popup window when selecting a game with cover/info/start/option/close

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes, we still have to decide the interface too.
either the game info on the other display (TV) which can be swapped to gamepad anytime, either a popup window when selecting a game with option to start/option/close
My suggestion goes into displaying the game's cover and info on the TV and just the cover with the Options below it on the Gamepad.

tOaO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

one icon is a single 3D object which can be placed anywhere. So there's no need to have a 2D layer to cover the icon corners and make then round.
having the icons auto-generated allows the mirror effect around them which couldn't be done if we used a flat design.

this is amazing. <3 it.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it!
After selection an Icon on the Gamepad, then the Game Cover could come up along with two options below it saying "Start" and "Settings" (like that of Wii apps when you select them), and at the right side of the cover just the game's info, to make it as simplistic as possible.
I'm personally a huge fan of this idea. And that way the "screen switch" icon could be used to bring the coverflow to the gamepad screen so you could mess around with the boxes if you want (think MK8 trophies), as well as making the start/options buttons more touch friendly

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that will be back to my previous concern :
if we display two different design at the same time (grid on the pad, flow on tv), then what will dpad control ? the flow or the grid?
I think we should limit button to TV and touch to gamepad, whatever the design is currently displayed.
flow on TV : dpad
flow on gamepad : touch

if you have the flow+grid at the same time, the highlighted game icon should match both displays, so clicking on the grid should scroll the flow.

swappable "interface+interface" is possible, but can be harder to code than "interface+info".

I think "interface+info" is a better idea, then the user can display different theme ("grid+info" "circle+info" "flow+info" etc.)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that will be back to my previous concern :
if we display two different design at the same time (grid on the pad, flow on tv), then what will dpad control ? the flow or the grid?
If it was like the Wii U menu, it would be whatever is currently on the gamepad screen
I think we should limit button to TV and touch to gamepad, whatever the design is currently displayed.
flow on TV : dpad
flow on gamepad : touch

if you have the flow+grid at the same time, the highlighted game icon should match both displays, so clicking on the grid should scroll the flow.
That's a pretty good idea, actually
swappable "interface+interface" is possible, but can be harder to code than "interface+info".
Yeah, I can certainly appreciate that

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: fiveighteen

ggl0l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@Cyan i'm will be glad, if you also think of users who prefers avoid using gamepad as much as possible (like myself :) )
my point is, i'm good with any gui as long, as it works without gamepad (with pro controller, and wii remote/classic controller, if possible)

Reactions: OriginalHamster

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if we have wiimote access yet.
we are using libogc, so yeah maybe.

dpad+touch for gamepad
wiimote(nunchuck and dpad?) for TV
it's another idea to dig.

We would need mockup with both displays at the same time. and not only a picture, but also info how the interface is used (dpad, touch, point, popup, etc.)
most of the mockup had only one display, it's not helping to choose an interface (first we need a unique interface idea before applying themes to it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back