Old atmosphere to new

Cali408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I'm about to update my atmosphere on this websites guide it shows (I added the picture) . I understand that I could delete the sept folder and also the fusee-secondary.bin but I don't understand "and update your hekate config file: hekate_ipl.ini in the bootloader folder." I cant find hekate-ipl.ini anywhere in atmosphere or even in hekate folder. Is this relevant still or maybe an older guide?

Attachments

• Atmopshere.jpg
    Atmopshere.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 106

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I'm about to update my atmosphere on this websites guide it shows (I added the picture) . I understand that I could delete the sept folder and also the fusee-secondary.bin but I don't understand "and update your hekate config file: hekate_ipl.ini in the bootloader folder." I cant find hekate-ipl.ini anywhere in atmosphere or even in hekate folder. Is this relevant still or maybe an older guide?
your hekate ipl is what points to what payload to use when launching payloads thru hekate. they say edit it because it likely contains fusee primary and secondary lines that need to change to fusee.bin and package3 respectfully.

hekate creator stopped including the ipl in newer versions because people kept overwriting there custom settings. but it is still very much used today.

Attachments

• drop in bootloader folder.rar
    294 bytes · Views: 138

Cali408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I cant even find that file even when I download a new hekate which you said they dont even include it anymore, do I need to do anything before updating hekate from a old version? Also need I even need hekate if im just going to use my RCM loader to load the fusee.bin payload and boot right in to atmosphere? Because i notice on my SD card I dont even have a bootloader folder, so does that mean I didn't have hekate installed before?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 129

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I cant even find that file even when I download a new hekate which you said they dont even include it anymore, do I need to do anything before updating hekate from a old version? Also need I even need hekate if im just going to use my RCM loader to load the fusee.bin payload and boot right in to atmosphere? Because i notice on my SD card I dont even have a bootloader folder, so does that mean I didn't

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just download latest atmosphere , hekate , fusee bin , sigpatches to your pc , then extract them , copy to your sd card, put the FUSEE BIN in your bootloader/payload folder , then tegrarcm into switch using fusee bin thru pc or hekate payload (for this you have to select fusee bin once inside hekate ), no need to follow guide loll. ur overcomplicating things , if u want to use use rcm loader , u need to copy/flash the payload onto it, hope this helps

Reactions: Cali408

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I cant even find that file even when I download a new hekate which you said they dont even include it anymore, do I need to do anything before updating hekate from a old version? Also need I even need hekate if im just going to use my RCM loader to load the fusee.bin payload and boot right in to atmosphere? Because i notice on my SD card I dont even have a bootloader folder, so does that mean I didn't have hekate installed before?
you dont need hekate no, if your gonna use your loader to inject fusee.bin then yea dont worry about the bootloader folder or hekate

Reactions: litlnicky

Cali408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahahahaha sorry for making everything much more complicated then it truly was. Literally took me like 2 days of prepping and asking questions to the nice people of this community but once I read what you said @litlnicky I just went for it and it literally took me 5 mins to update EVERYTNING. I always assume I'm going to mess things up but its working perfectly. Checked my games to make sure sigpatches worked and it loaded up but now I just need to update my homebrew cause launching goldleaf crashed atmosphere but my goldleaf is almost 2 years old. Thanks so much to everyone who helped me thru this!!!

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hahahahahaha sorry for making everything much more complicated then it truly was. Literally took me like 2 days of prepping and asking questions to the nice people of this community but once I read what you said @litlnicky I just went for it and it literally took me 5 mins to update EVERYTNING. I always assume I'm going to mess things up but its working perfectly. Checked my games to make sure sigpatches worked and it loaded up but now I just need to update my homebrew cause launching goldleaf crashed atmosphere but my goldleaf is almost 2 years old. Thanks so much to everyone who helped me thru this!!!
yep so happy for you , in future , just follow the same steps ,loll, hopefully nintendo dont send out another update any time soon hehehee

Reactions: Cali408

Cali408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahahahahaha. Honestly not worried at all if they do, it's was honestly really easy it's just like you said I was over thinking everything WAY TOO MUCH lol. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1