Hardware Old 3DS XL only works when plugged in. Is there anyway to fix it?

UzealSmile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently gotten tired of trying to play this and accidentally unplugging during a game and not being able to take to with me and the go. I’ve seen people talk about soldering on the motherboard but I only see people talking about it for the New 3DS XL. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
That's not a bad idea. Seen people use tablets as a wall mounted control center for all their smart home stuff, or use them as digital picture frames. If you don't have any smart home stuff invest in some smart bulbs lol. All of them should have Android apps.
Oh, I've already invested in smart home stuff (originally a bit of aaamazon but I made the smart choice to switch to google before it was too late) but I might make this into some kind of wall-mounted TV, though I HAVE found a replacement motherboard on aliexpress (ew) and the seller has a 90% positive feedback rating, so maybe it's not a scam. One I get that and the tools from iFixit, plus a replacement battery just in casse the old one somehow lost the ability to charge, I might just fix it and give it to my mom if I don't make it into a wal-mounted TV so I can put the Nest Hub in the kitchen somewhere else. though the assistant on this tablet is kinda laggy but eh.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, I've already invested in smart home stuff (originally a bit of aaamazon but I made the smart choice to switch to google before it was too late) but I might make this into some kind of wall-mounted TV, though I HAVE found a replacement motherboard on aliexpress (ew) and the seller has a 90% positive feedback rating, so maybe it's not a scam. One I get that and the tools from iFixit, plus a replacement battery just in casse the old one somehow lost the ability to charge, I might just fix it and give it to my mom if I don't make it into a wal-mounted TV so I can put the Nest Hub in the kitchen somewhere else. though the assistant on this tablet is kinda laggy but eh.
An 8 inch TV? That doesn't seem terribly useful. I guess if you mount it by your bed in a way that you can move it close to your face when laying down that would work but a proper TV would be better.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.