Hacking old 3ds won't read r4i gold 3ds rts

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to make sure. that boor.firm is renamed safeb9sinstaller right?
It needs to be called "boot.firm" not Safeb9sInstaller.

Anyway I would test your SD card for errors or something. Either the files you downloaded are bad, the "boot.firm" on your SD card is not Safeb9sInstaller like it should be, or your SD card isn't being recognized by the console.

Other than that I'm at a loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Quantumcat

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah it is.
Another (maybe useless) suggestion. Try the SD from your flashcart (format it and copy everything from you current SD)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It needs to be called "boot.firm" not Safeb9sInstaller.

Anyway I would test your SD card for errors or something. Either the files you downloaded are bad, the "boot.firm" on your SD card is not Safeb9sInstaller like it should be, or your SD card isn't being recognized by the console.

Other than that I'm at a loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I know. I am just asking if it is renamed safeb9sinstaller

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have these files on the device SD now but it's still not working.
And are you 100% sure that your magnet is able to put your 3ds to sleep and that you are holding start+select+x+power long enough?
Lol did you forget he uploaded a pic of the SD card and you responded to it? I guess he could have renamed it afterwards but I doubt he would have changed anything if it wasn't suggested.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Lol did you forget he uploaded a pic of the SD card and you responded to it? I guess he could have renamed it afterwards but I doubt he would have changed anything if it wasn't suggested.
well, he hasn't mentioned it anywhere, that it is safeb9sinstaller, so I am just asking. Calm down ;)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No; what's that?
It's this.... https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Use that to test your SD card for errors. You need to format your card first, so make a backup of your files on your computer somewhere. Run the test, if it finishes without errors then put your files back on the SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After you do that, unzip this and put it on the root of your SD card, double check you have all the required files in the "boot9strap" folder and then try the magnet again following my advice from before.

Attachments

• SafeB9SInstaller.rar
    53.1 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Callum543

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so when i'm holding the 4 keys; the blue power light turns on for a while but nothing happens, when i release it turns off. This normal??
That means that boot.firm is not on your 3DS SD card (it should be in the root of the card, not in any other folders), or alternatively that your SD card is not being read by the 3DS. There's no other options.

Callum543

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to complete the guide, except I never removed ntrboot, as it wasn't working. Left it as the guide says it was optional. How do I go about getting games onto the DS (not the games themselves, but get them playable etc.)?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Managed to complete the guide, except I never removed ntrboot, as it wasn't working. Left it as the guide says it was optional. How do I go about getting games onto the DS (not the games themselves, but get them playable etc.)?
If you want to play DS games you'll have to get your flashcart reflashed. In what way wasn't it working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la