Hacking Old 3ds BrowserHAX not working

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have an old 3ds on 8.1U and I am attempting to launch the homebrew launcher. I scan the QR code and it takes me to what I think is sliderHAX. I click the right end of it and it flashes yellow then gray. It freezes/ hangs at gray. I can scroll around, but nothing happens. I need to access the homebrew launcher so I can do Menuhax. Currently I use the go-gateway to load the Gateway menu and play my games.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I have an old 3ds on 8.1U and I am attempting to launch the homebrew launcher. I scan the QR code and it takes me to what I think is sliderHAX. I click the right end of it and it flashes yellow then gray. It freezes/ hangs at gray. I can scroll around, but nothing happens. I need to access the homebrew launcher so I can do Menuhax. Currently I use the go-gateway to load the Gateway menu and play my games.
First make sure you have got starter.zip file correctly extracted and put in console SD card (boot.3dsx file must be at root of sd). Delete any exploit browserhax .bin files left in root of SD card (might be partially downloaded).

If that's done already then try connecting using different WiFi connection. Having yellow screen means that the exploit has been successful and might be getting stuck at either downloading payload or missing or broken boot.3dsx file.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
browserhax doesnt work on 8.1 afaik
yea I think it loads sliderHAX. That one sight autoloads the best exploit I thought.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First make sure you have got starter.zip file correctly extracted and put in console SD card (boot.3dsx file must be at root of sd). Delete any exploit browserhax .bin files left in root of SD card (might be partially downloaded).

If that's done already then try connecting using different WiFi connection. Having yellow screen means that the exploit has been successful and might be getting stuck at either downloading payload or missing or broken boot.3dsx file.
Well I did all of that. Its still not working. Its stuck on grey. Is it supposed to take minutes the first time on grey? Or should it be seconds? This is getting annoying.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi everyone,

*hax only works on 9.0 and up, except for Ninjhax 1.x. Launch rxTools with the spider exploit, boot in pasta mode and update your system to 9.0-9.2 using sysupdater. http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-u...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yes, it seems that browserhax for HBL only works on 9.x and above firmware (till 10.6 at the moment). Like others have mentioned you need to upgrade to between 9.0 - 9.2

I thought it worked on lower versions too as there is browserhax to run different payloads but not HBL or any kind of .3dsx homebrew

https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Also, MenuHax relies on Themes stored on console SD card to run exploit, therefore you have to update USA sysNAND to between 9.0 to 9.2

Any sysNAND version higher than 9.2 will ONLY allow homebrew and NO CFW (unless you setup A9LH on your console first, which is complicated)

Last edited by Just3DS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1