Homebrew Old 3ds 11.6.0-39U

Smoker002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, so i had a 3ds that was in 11.2 and i tried to downgrade it with soundhax but once i open the safehax it would freeze, so i got desperate and tried various things and ended up installing the latest update, so what i have right now is an emunand version 11.0 and sys version 11.6. i'm lost since there are no guides for the 11.6 version, and what is that emunand doing ? i mean long ago this 3ds was patched and i would go to the emunand to play the games, can't i just inject the FBI and install/play normally ?

Smoker002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry for double post but i was supposed to be using luma + b9s when updating the 3ds, i have no idea if it worked or not, can i repeat from 0 ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused as to what your current setup is. Please do the following for me:
  1. When you power on the 3DS while holding Select, what happens?
  2. When you go into the System Settings, what is the entire version string? Does it say Sys or Emu before the version number?

Smoker002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1-when i hold select luma3DS v9.0 config appears and Show NAND or user string in System settings is crossed.
2- In system settings Sys 11.6.0-39U

Smoker002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
since there are no tutorials as to how i can play games on the 11.6 so i figured it must be downgraded if possible ( and i did the luma thing because my 3ds didn't work, the blue light would turn off after 1 sec, but now it works just fine)

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
since there are no tutorials as to how i can play games on the 11.6 so i figured it must be downgraded if possible ( and i did the luma thing because my 3ds didn't work, the blue light would turn off after 1 sec, but now it works just fine)
You DON'T need to downgrade. You're done.

Just follow these last steps:

https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

This will help you install FBI and other apps to your home menu. After that, you can install whatever app you want, Freeshop, CIAngel, Tikshop, etc.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an emuNAND you want to use, you can go into your Luma3DS configuration settings (hold Select at boot) and enable your emuNAND. If you boot into your emuNAND and realize that's what you want to be using on a regular basis, you can also move your emuNAND to your sysNAND.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's not necessary then why would i use the emunand or why would i delete it ?
I'm trying to figure out what you want. If you want to go back to your emuNAND setup because it has all of your applications and games, then we can move your emuNAND to your sysNAND. If the emuNAND is useless and has nothing important on it, we can delete it to save space, and you can continue using your 11.6 sysNAND.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if it's not necessary then why would i use the emunand or why would i delete it ?
You get that error because of a non-updated boot.3dsx. Download the latest one said in the guide.

And just as @Lacius is asking. You don't need the EmuNAND anymore, you can use now SysNAND only. If you do this, it would be preferable to delete EmuNAND since it uses around 1GB of space from your SD card.

He is asking if you want to recover or keep using EmuNAND in case you have any important data to you (games, saves, etc) in there, or you don't care about it.

Smoker002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you so much guys, it works ! do you have an idea how to convert 3ds to cia easily ? i tried using the 3ds simple CIA converter, it took me 25 minutes to generate the xorpads with the godmode and it only generated 1 file the other encountered an error, if i remember last year when i was doing it, it didn't take more than 2 seconds ( with something else not the godmode)

Smoker002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you so much guys, it works ! do you have an idea how to convert 3ds to cia easily ? i tried using the 3ds simple CIA converter, it took me 25 minutes to generate the xorpads with the godmode and it only generated 1 file the other encountered an error, if i remember last year when i was doing it, it didn't take more than 2 seconds ( with something else not the godmode)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu