Hacking Okay, what did I miss?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cayspekko
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,927
  • Replies Replies 8

cayspekko

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
134
Country
United States
Okay after using my softmodded wii I did about a year ago, I decided to softmod by brother-in-law's wii as well.

He was running system menu 3.1

Anyway, so I ran the twilight princess hack with no problem
I installed USB loader 1.5 with cIOS revision 9

I installed DVDX and mplayer

I upgraded to sysmenu 4.0 using the waninkoko method

Using wad manager 1.3 installed SNES GX (latest) wad and FCEU GX (latest) wad and an Mplayer wad (I don't know if its the latest or not)

Everything seems to run okay, except a couple wads won't run (it was a mplayer wad) and everytime i run a SNES GX channel or FCEU GX channel after I quit, it won't return to the sysmenu, it just freezes and I have to reset. My wii, btw, doesn't have any of these problems.

Other than that everything runs fine.

So my question is, what did I miss that would cause these channels to freeze the system after you quit them? Did I miss a cIOS or a IOS something or another that I should install?

Sorry for the NOOOOOOB question. ( i read the the stickys, I swear... just not all of them)
 
Ooooh... I was able to install World of Goo on his wii and it works fine. (Well, the first time I tried it just froze the wii, the second time it worked)

All I can find about an ios patcher is waninkoko's ios version patcher v1.1, which seems like you use it by dragging a wii ISO on it and it forces it to use a certain IOS.

So... I'm not sure what IOS Patcher you're refering too.
 
Oh, okay.

I thought Waninkoko's 4.0 upgrader patched IOS60. Maybe not. I'll try the wad manager 1.3 method, I can't seem to find tona's shop installer.
 
cayspekko said:
Everything seems to run okay, except a couple wads won't run (it was a mplayer wad) and everytime i run a SNES GX channel or FCEU GX channel after I quit, it won't return to the sysmenu, it just freezes and I have to reset. My wii, btw, doesn't have any of these problems.
in the options of the emulators, there is something that is set for 'return to loader' (i believe its in 'settings' -> 'menu' -> 'exit action' or something). Since its a channel it doesn't use a loader and thus freezes as it can't find it. Change it to 'return to wii menu'
I had that problem too
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted