Okay, what did I miss?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cayspekko, Apr 26, 2009.

Apr 26, 2009

Okay, what did I miss? by cayspekko at 8:40 PM (1,013 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. cayspekko
    OP

Newcomer cayspekko Member

United States
    Okay after using my softmodded wii I did about a year ago, I decided to softmod by brother-in-law's wii as well.

He was running system menu 3.1

Anyway, so I ran the twilight princess hack with no problem
    I installed USB loader 1.5 with cIOS revision 9

I installed DVDX and mplayer

I upgraded to sysmenu 4.0 using the waninkoko method

Using wad manager 1.3 installed SNES GX (latest) wad and FCEU GX (latest) wad and an Mplayer wad (I don't know if its the latest or not)

Everything seems to run okay, except a couple wads won't run (it was a mplayer wad) and everytime i run a SNES GX channel or FCEU GX channel after I quit, it won't return to the sysmenu, it just freezes and I have to reset. My wii, btw, doesn't have any of these problems.

Other than that everything runs fine.

So my question is, what did I miss that would cause these channels to freeze the system after you quit them? Did I miss a cIOS or a IOS something or another that I should install?

Sorry for the NOOOOOOB question. ( i read the the stickys, I swear... just not all of them)

2. TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer TheOnlyOneHeFear Member

United Kingdom
    This might not necessarily be anything to do with your problem, but did you run the IOS patcher after you updated to 4.0?

3. cayspekko
    OP

United States
    Hmm, no, didn't run IOS Patcher. Isn't that for patching wii iso's?

4. TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer TheOnlyOneHeFear Member

United Kingdom
    No, it allows you to install and run VC/WiiWare games as WADs (I think). It's a good idea to do it after upgrading to 4.0

5. cayspekko
    OP

United States
    Ooooh... I was able to install World of Goo on his wii and it works fine. (Well, the first time I tried it just froze the wii, the second time it worked)

All I can find about an ios patcher is waninkoko's ios version patcher v1.1, which seems like you use it by dragging a wii ISO on it and it forces it to use a certain IOS.

So... I'm not sure what IOS Patcher you're refering too.

6. SpAM_CAN

Member SpAM_CAN GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It is also known as Tona's Shop Installer. Only install IOS60 and Patch IOS60. Say no to everything else.

7. cayspekko
    OP

United States
    Oh, okay.

I thought Waninkoko's 4.0 upgrader patched IOS60. Maybe not. I'll try the wad manager 1.3 method, I can't seem to find tona's shop installer.

8. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    in the options of the emulators, there is something that is set for 'return to loader' (i believe its in 'settings' -> 'menu' -> 'exit action' or something). Since its a channel it doesn't use a loader and thus freezes as it can't find it. Change it to 'return to wii menu'
    I had that problem too

9. cayspekko
    OP

United States
    Oh, okay, I'll try that too! Thanks!