Hacking Ok this is Sh**

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My acekard 2i is coming soon but now I read this thing im beginning to stress. In order for the acekard 2i to work on the dsi xl 1.4 , you have TO PERFORM an update and that can ONLY be done on the older generations ds with 1.3 or lower O_O So.. if I cannot find people with 1.3 for example they updated to 1.4 then im basically screwed with an acekard 2i that does not work. I have the feeling that the acekard 2i is not updated to work on the dsi xl 1.4 that is coming.

What do you guys think?

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
B-Blue said:
You can update it using a DS Lite. Just make sure you're using the CORRECT update file!

Yeah but it must be 1.3 or lower right? So if my friends updated it im F*cked.
frown.gif
frown.gif

S

spectral

The DSlite doesnt have updateable FW, only the DSi and XL do. Just find a friend with a lite. Also if you really are in a situation where you can't update it, you should have done this research before you ordered. They've never hidden the fact that you need to update it using a compatible DS.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trollology said:
You can use absolutely any DS
DS's older than the DSi don't have updates/versions.
But if you're using a DSi make sure it's less than 1.3
Hope I helped
wink.gif

Thanks. Im still stressing lol. So first thing to do when I get it is to place the card into the ds and check what picture it gives right? If it gives Danny phantom or Alex rider im saved?
If not i will have to find friends to do it for me.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
Danny Phantom bypasses 1.4.
Alex Rider bypasses 1.4.1.

You can do the update on any DS or DS Lite.
It's only the DSi/XL that needs a certain firmware to do the update.

Some shops update the card before sending it out, where did you get it from?

From 4coolday, actually wanted from shoptemp but it does not run anymore
frown.gif

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
They haven't updated the info on their site in a long time, so it's likely they don't bother to update the cart, sorry.

Seems like I have to borrow some ds from my friends. If they ask which ds how should I answer? (which is the best to use?)

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
A DS fat or Lite. Any model of those will work, and the Lite in particular is very common.

Thanks, I think I know persons who got that
smile.gif
Now its time to wait till my flashcard comes
frown.gif

Its going to take weeks or maybe months or years
cry.gif

Edit: I've only read bad reviews about 4coolday, I hope its gonna be alright. But it should be right? An offical reseller of AceKard.com?
ohmy.gif

No scams, fake cards?

I hope so...
cry.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
You can update it using a DS Lite. Just make sure you're using the CORRECT update file!
Can someone link me to any sort of post/file/warning/whatever saying that there is an INCORRECT version for the DSlite/'phat'?
I recall reading somewhere that the only difference between the DSi and DSl versions is DSl asks you to swap cards before it flashes and the DSi version flashes the current card. I have even flashed my own AK2i numerous times with the DSi (and DSl) version on my DS 'phat', typically to check the message that popped up/to give step-by-step instructions, without any issue.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
B-Blue said:
Can someone link me to any sort of post/file/warning/whatever saying that there is an INCORRECT version for the DSlite/'phat'?
I recall reading somewhere that the only difference between the DSi and DSl versions is DSl asks you to swap cards before it flashes and the DSi version flashes the current card. I have even flashed my own AK2i numerous times with the DSi (and DSl) version on my DS 'phat', typically to check the message that popped up/to give step-by-step instructions, without any issue.
That is correct. In truth, there is no "correct card" for they both have the same end result but its how the each of files arrive at the end result that's different. The DSi file will not prompt you to eject the card and input a new one, instead it will flash the current card. The DSL update can be run from any flashcard, not just an AK2i, but will ask you to eject the current card and place in an AK2i needing an update. For example if you have an SCDS2 and an AK2i with a DSi on 1.4.1 but the AK2i is not flashed for it but the SCDS2 is, you may run the DSL update on the SCDS2 and it will ask you to eject and place in the AK2i for updating.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you own an ARDSi?

i was able to flash my r4 to ALEX RYDER using the ARDSi and 1.4U on my nintendo DSi

You load the .nds on the sd card in the ARDSi, and plug the flash card in. You launch the update, and wait for it to load. when it says "DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE" you pull out the ARDSi and put the Flashcard in, and klick continue. it went to 100% for me, and i could use my card.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
twiztidsinz said:
B-Blue said:

isn't

ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds < only for DS lite
ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds < only for DSi

unsure.gif

correct me if I'm wrong...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
twiztidsinz said:
B-Blue said:

isn't

ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds < only for DS lite
ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds < only for DSi

unsure.gif

correct me if I'm wrong...
As far as I can tell, they do the exact same thing with one exception:
DSL version asks you to swap cards
DSI version flashes directly.

I frequently see people say "be sure to use the right version" and I even think someone in a different topic was telling people that using the DSi version on the DS lite/phat would brick your card, but I know that I've flashed both versions to my AK2i on a DS 'phat' without any problems.
I know there is a restriction that the DSi will only work with the DSi version because the DSl version asks you to swap which I believe makes the DSi returns to the menu (Don't own a DSi).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1