Hacking ok , im moving from wii to ps3 , a few ? before i do it about

slickric33

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
241
Trophies
0
XP
648
Country
United States
ready to finally get a ps3 for kids , ive been a gamer since atari 2600 and the wii just isnt doing it for me. i have started reading and
1- can i just go out and buy a new ps3 bundle at say walmart or does it have new firmware where the jailbreak wont work . do i have to go search at pawn shops or can i buy online somewhere.

2- do i need to buy the official jailbreak for updates or will any device work and can you download updates online

3 are they sending new updates w/ every new game to render the jailbreak useless or are there updates available (for the jailbreak to counter sonys updates

4 most importantly, can i just download the game isos and convert to hard drive

any help would be appreciated

ps have an xbox360 but the connect is a huge disappointment so skipping that for the kids , i think they will like the move but i need to get on this before christmas thanks

pss can this brick your ps3
 

Cmurda187

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
234
Trophies
0
Location
The depths of HELL
XP
1,059
Country
United States
1. I bought mine at a pawn shop last week 80gb for $145. So it was about half off the original price. Buying from a pawn shop the ps3 is more likely to have a firmware installed on it that you can jailbreak.

2. If you have a smartphone or ipod you can JB the ps3 with that.

3. I know the newer games require you to be on 3.50 to play.

4. If not transfering to internal Hd. You must split the files. The external has to be formatted to fat32 and any file over 4gb has to be split. (most games for ps3 are over 4gb.)
 

Haloman800

a real gril
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Messages
1,871
Trophies
0
XP
1,734
Country
United States
Cmurda187 said:
1. I bought mine at a pawn shop last week 80gb for $145. So it was about half off the original price. Buying from a pawn shop the ps3 is more likely to have a firmware installed on it that you can jailbreak.

2. If you have a smartphone or ipod you can JB the ps3 with that.

3. I know the newer games require you to be on 3.50 to play.

4. If not transfering to internal Hd. You must split the files. The external has to be formatted to fat32 and any file over 4gb has to be split. (most games for ps3 are over 4gb.)

Thanks for the info about jailbreaking with other smartphones (I have an Android). I had no idea, how great
biggrin.gif
.
 

slickric33

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
241
Trophies
0
XP
648
Country
United States
ok so before i head out to the pawn shops, can i jell from outside the box at a store what firmware it is my the serial number or something, and most importantly, w/ the jailbreak and the older ps3 , can you play the new move games coming out and gt5 or only older games . sorry for the noob questions but i have been in the wii and 360 world and w/ 2 kids its hard to sit in front of computer all day w/out them coming in and saying daddy , what r u doing come out and play. i just want to get this right , get an old one and just need to know if new games r playable cause im pretty much getting it for future move games for the kids and gt5 for me the big kid thanks for helping
 

Sephxus

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
327
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Pomona, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
49
Country
United States
slickric33 said:
ok so before i head out to the pawn shops, can i jell from outside the box at a store what firmware it is my the serial number or something, and most importantly, w/ the jailbreak and the older ps3 , can you play the new move games coming out and gt5 or only older games . sorry for the noob questions but i have been in the wii and 360 world and w/ 2 kids its hard to sit in front of computer all day w/out them coming in and saying daddy , what r u doing come out and play. i just want to get this right , get an old one and just need to know if new games r playable cause im pretty much getting it for future move games for the kids and gt5 for me the big kid thanks for helping
You can't tell by looking from outside. You're looking for a ps3 with firmware update 3.41 installed. You cannot play gt5 at the moment(I'm not sure anymore. There's a rumored patch but I have not tried it.) and most newer games since they were with 3.50 SDK. Maybe in the future.
 

slickric33

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
241
Trophies
0
XP
648
Country
United States
ok i have been reading more and trying to figure this out if i get a new ps3 w / a legit jailbreak and PSDowngrade can i play the new games coming out (ripped isos )w/3.5 or does it only allow me to play all the old stuff and then upgrade to 3.5 to play store bought games
 

PlayStation 3

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
18
Trophies
0
XP
13
Country
Canada
Sao Mortel said:
STOP TALKING ABOUT PSDOWNGRADE it is a scam (or prove me wrong)
jailbreak wont work on 3.42 and over

It is real. You post that it's fake on every thread here! STOP!

It's been proved by so many sites, including psx-scene, ps3hax, ps3-hacks, and more.
 

Sephxus

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
327
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Pomona, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
49
Country
United States
PlayStation 3 said:
Sao Mortel said:
STOP TALKING ABOUT PSDOWNGRADE it is a scam (or prove me wrong)
jailbreak wont work on 3.42 and over

It is real. You post that it's fake on every thread here! STOP!

It's been proved by so many sites, including psx-scene, ps3hax, ps3-hacks, and more.
Second. It's getting annoying.
 

slickric33

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
241
Trophies
0
XP
648
Country
United States
guys i didnt want u 2 fight , i just want to know if its real, can u play all the new move games coming out at 3.5 and gt5 or are the rips not possible. do u have to buy all new games , thats the question. i dont want to buy the system and jailbreak and downgrader and then only be able to download old games and not be able to play the new stuff. if its not possible , will it be later down the line thanks
 

Sephxus

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
327
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Pomona, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
49
Country
United States
slickric33 said:
guys i didnt want u 2 fight , i just want to know if its real, can u play all the new move games coming out at 3.5 and gt5 or are the rips not possible. do u have to buy all new games , thats the question. i dont want to buy the system and jailbreak and downgrader and then only be able to download old games and not be able to play the new stuff. if its not possible , will it be later down the line thanks
You don't want to buy new games?
ohmy.gif

The downgrade won't help you because at the moment you can't jailbreak on higher firmwares, so you'll have to buy the game.
 

ManFranceGermany

Atheist, Socialist and pro EU!
Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
624
Trophies
0
XP
39
Country
Gambia, The
Sao Mortel said:
Post the info here! whats keeping people from doing it?
thats what i have been doing for days here. challenging people to prove me wrong.

B4N5H33 gave u a link to prove it, what do you want more?
 

Sephxus

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
327
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Pomona, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
49
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
Post the info here! whats keeping people from doing it?
thats what i have been doing for days here. challenging people to prove me wrong.
This is the only time I'm replying to you.
This is not a ps community if you haven't noticed.

1. The psjailbreak team started all this, so there is already established credibility.

2. It has been confimed by many ps3 oriented sites.

3. There have been noumerous videos showing the downgrade process from many sources.
Like these:



4. There have been leaked files:

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/ps-jailbr...les-modded-pup/

5. There is a project in development for free downgrades called psgrade based on the leaked files:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/wip-psgrade...114/#post598278

Now it's your turn. Prove to me that it is fake.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://www.operanewsapp.com/us/en/share/detail?news_id=3dab7b2419e0a4719ae30b1b4441e20a&news_ent...